Clamp on downriggers

Looking for some opinions here on if clamp on riggers are going to work well for my 14ft aluminum it doesn't have gunwales and there is really no easy way to mount a board across the transom do to tiller positioning. Was thinking of getting a pair of Scotty 1050s with the clamp mount bases and mounting them off the sides about even with the rear bench seat.

Was just wondering if those clamps are going to get down tight and be solid enough to hold a rigger with a 10lb ball 100ft or more down?

Also does anyone have and experience with the Scotty 1050s they would like to share are they rugged enough for this? Everyone I have talked to says they love the Scotty electrics and I was hoping to get similar feedback about the manuals

Don't think I'd trust a clamp on rigger with a 10lb weight down 100ft. In the 80's I used to run Rivera manuals with 8lb weights and that got to be work cranking them up from 100ft. - heavier weights came in when most guys went to electric. If I used a clamp on mount I'd have a safety cable on it in case it let go.

I tried those mini clamp on riggers on the transom of my lund years ago and as others have said they are hard to crank with a rigger weight larger than 6-8 pounds esp if fishing deep for lakerd. 20 years ago my brother in law had a 16' row boat with a 9.9 hp and he made a mount for the transom that accepted cannon riggers. one mount per side in the corners. worked great and we used 12# weights. it sure kept the guy in the back busy tho!

lots of used manual riggers on this site too.

good luck