Boat Generators

Anybody have any experience with troubleshooting Westerbeke boat generators? It is a 3.5 KW. Family name is YX7XS 6602CC. Did a Sea Trial on a 29 Amberjack and engines, transmissions, outdrive were great, but when we ran the generator the voltage would drop when we but a load on it and the generator struggled. The generator engine started up and ran great. I know generators can be costly. Hoping it could be an easy fix.

Capacitors on those are a common replacement. I believe low costs. Not 100% sure. Is it possible it was being overloaded? 3500 not a lot of wattage.

Sent from my XT1080 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

When was the last time it's been serviced? Check plugs and fuel system.. Improper or insufficient fuel flow will hinder the motors performance when a load is drawn. Make sure the air intake is clean and there.

Sent from my XT1080 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Something's obviously not right here. Suggest adding up all wattage of items on w/generator running then checking the generators total output capacity. Under load, the generator will lose RPM and if operating RPM or auto RPM adjuster isn't set correctly or overloaded..troubles upon it.