North Branch susky

burrows24

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to help a fellow angler out I've spent time down in Sunbury PA on the susky but am looking to start fishing the north branch for Catfish and walleye but need help with different launches I'm looking for a little deeper water and I've launched out of Ulster but I can't seem to find deep water maybe it's me could someone please point me in a direction to start thanks in advance

We found that when the cats are feeding 4' or less of water is key. The fast water can produce some of the best action. Find the shallowest spot and if there is a deep cut or under cut the cats will be using that to come up into the shallows to feed. If you can, catch a fall fish and use him as cut bait, or crawfish. 4' of water seems to be best, yes you can catch em in deep pools but the action can be great in shallow, especially if you find a submerged tree. Spots can change from year to year, no fish in 20 min. Move! Good luck!

As for launch points, check out Dec web site or PA launch sites.

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

In NY you cannot target a fish during a closed season...even catch n release. In fact many sections of the susquehanna watershed in NY are 100% closed to any and all fishing till the walleye opener. Targeting spawning fish out of season isnt something id advocate even if legal....

I can catch and release all day in PA my NY license is no longer valid so I will not be in NY waters fishing. This post was for info not throwing a hissy fit over catch and release if you would like to throw a hissy fit you can take your arguments to the creeks of Ontario and mess with the guys that are chasing trout as the trout are spawning. Thank you and tight lines I will be fishing Saturday for walleye weather people approve or not I pay for my license every year like others and just because the season is closed but I can catch and release in PA I will do so thank you and have a good night

Drove by the Susquehanna yesterday, a large section of it, lol! ( From Baltimore to Owego), the color of the water was light green and looked almost like perfect steel head water. Level was somewhat low and very fishable. Go get the cats!

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Lol I will see what happens Saturday and I can normally tell the river height and color on my way home from work I have to drive along the tioga river and that dumps into the chemung which drops into the susky and the river here looks great

After you go up river it gets deep along the west shore a little tricky last time I was there years ago maybe different now...... you had to go down river till you were close to east side the turn and go up river , i was running a 16' flat bottom with a 35 mec prop  ....... here a list:

SUSQUEHANNA RIVER FEATURES 15 ACCESS POINTS FOR ANGLERS 
THE NORTH BRANCH OF THE SUSQUEHANNA RIVER DIPS INTO PENNSYLVANIA FOR THE 
SECOND TIME AT SAYRE AND POURS THROUGH MORE THAN 200 MILES OF KEYSTONE STATE 
MOUNTAINS, FORESTS AND FIELDS BEFORE MERGING WITH THE RIVER'S WEST BRANCH NEAR 
SUNBURY, JUST SOUTHWEST OF DANVILLE.  

Sunday, July 18, 1999     Page: 

Susquehanna River features 15 access points for anglers 
    The North Branch of the Susquehanna River dips into Pennsylvania for the second time at Sayre and pours through more than 200 miles of Keystone State mountains, forests and fields before merging with the river's West Branch near 
    Sunbury, just southwest of DanvilleAnglers can take advantage of 15 recognized access points between Sayre and Danville. 
    At each of these sites anglers can wade or fish from shore, or watercraft may be launched for trips up or downriver. The sites below are listed from north to south. 
    The Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission access near Sayre is located off of Route 220, west of the small town of East Athens. 
    At Ulster, the access is located southeast of town, off Route 220. There is limited parking available, a boat ramp and a picnic area. 
    The Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission site at Wysox is off Route 6. There is a large parking area and a boat ramp. 
    The Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission Terrytown access is located off of Route 187, on the west side of the river between Wyalusing and Terrytown. Parking and a boat ramp are available. 
    A primitive site at Laceyville can be found beneath the bridge on the east side of the river. 
    A primitive, tough-to-find access site at Meshoppen is located off of Route 6. 
    The Mehoopany primitive access is located on the west side of the river, off of Route 87. 
    There are two access sites at Tunkhannock. Both offer easy routes to the water. One is on the east side of the river in a town park just upriver from the Route 29 bridge. Another launch, owned by the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission, is downriver from the bridge on the west side of the river off of Route 309. 
    There is lots of parking and easy access to the water at the West Falls Access downriver from the West Falls Bridge, off of Route 92. 
    The Fish and Boat Commission's Apple Tree Road Access is located at the intersection of Route 92 and Apple Tree Road. 
    The site at Wilkes-Barre is in Nesbitt Park, beneath the Market Street Bridge. There is ample parking and a boat launch. 
    A site located near Berwick can be found downriver from the Route 93 bridge at Test Track Park on the river's west side. 
    The Bloomsburg access is located near a quiet town park. There is limited parking, a boat launch and very good boat fishing. 
    Located just southeast of town, the Danville Access has a large parking area, a boat launch and picnic sites. 
    Most of the accesses are well marked, but a few are secluded and can be difficult to find. Scout the site before buying a bucket full of bait and trailering a boat to the site.- 
    George C. Smith 

Read more: http://archives.timesleader.com/1999/1999_14/1999_07_18_SUSQUEHANNA_RIVER_FEATURES_15_ACCESS_POINTS_FOR_ANGLERS_THE_NORT.html#ixzz43ovNcPvC

Thank you I will check them out I have a 17ft tracker with a 40hp with prop but it has a wide bottom that allows me to get shallow and I can trim the motor up so 3ft of water isn't a problem I just hate being in it all the time I like to see a little drop every now and then lol