Mainer with a few questions

Hi folks love the forum. My son and I along with a friend are coming to NY mid April. I'm curious what I have to do to use my Maine registered boat in Ny? Do I have to get a permit or anything? I tryed to look it up online but didn't seem to find anything. We plan on doing some tributaries fishing for Steelies and want to fish the lake for some browns. I'm looking for a reasonable priced place for us to stay. Preferably where we may be close to some per fishing incase the winds to much for my small boat.

Not sure trib fishing is still viable today, let alone in a couple weeks. Maybe casting off the piers but come mid April there will be Smallies and Rock Bass not many Bows.

Thanks we always go legal or I don't go and yes my boat all Maine legal. It was end of April and into may when I was out two years ago. So I understand every years different and is a crazy winter. I just had a friend come back from there said was still fish where he was fishing. Hoping to get into some browns I had great luck from shore last trip and learned some locations to fish. We only have 3 or 4 days this trip..