Pulleys for homemade mast

I got my hands on some used sail boat pulleys they work great they are super smooth and lite very very tight gap between the pulley and the body of the pulley if yah look them up online thier pretty cheap

Edited by rlconverse

I used a smooth eye bolt and ran regular planer board line thru it and wrapped the line on 2 hooks below it instead of a reel for 3 years on my homemade mast setup without a problem. Now i have the full glp setup and love it...but i doubt ive caught 1 single fish on the $2000 dollar setup that i wouldnt have caught on my homemade $200 setup...its just easy now....

If you can find some pulleys from cable steering from a small boat they may work. I used some a long time ago that were designed for my 13 ft Boston Whaler. Maybe check on EBay.

Phisher, they are pricey without a doubt. When I go fishing I want my equipment to perform flawlessly and not be aggravated by any hiccups or malfunctions. Been running those reels for 3 years and no problems what so ever. I have them mounted on front corners of my hardtop and if line were to pop of pulley it would be a real issue to correct on water especially fishing when its rough water. Thats what influenced my decision on there purchase. Its takes a lot of thought when rigging your boat to meet your needs and it gets pricey real fast, but so are do overs. Usually best to spend a little more the first time. Just my thoughts and good luck with your decision

Big Jon pulleys work very well & at a reasonable cost too. Large radius so there is no line bind & you don't have to worry about the line getting caught between the pulley & housing like you would on others.

Big Jon pulleys work very well & at a reasonable cost too. Large radius so there is no line bind & you don't have to worry about the line getting caught between the pulley & housing like you would on others.