Auto pilot comparability

Gotta Bite

The boat that I bought and am fixing up came with an old autopilot. It was tied into the old Loran System of navigation. The boat has a C90W Raymarine sonar and GPS. Is there anyway I could get these two to sync up with some sort of part or converter? As of right now I just engage it to keep the boat on a straight path but would eventually like it to be working without breaking the bank. Lastly what brand is it? Thanks as always for your feedback.

post-142888-14587805686504_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gotta Bite

Assuming the autopilot is nmea compliant you would need to hook that to the c90. On the back of the C90 you will need a sea talk to nmea cable. I'm not familiar with your autopilot but did find the website on a quick search. Maybe they can help answer your questions.

http://www.kingmarineelectronics.com/products.html

Edited by bout time

Thanks for the quick response. I'll try and reach them tomorrow. Not much going on with this site. I wonder if they are still in business and they are referring to the LORAN system still. I'll definitely check it out though.

• 3 weeks later...

King autopilots went out of business about 15 years ago. There was a guy in Florida that bought all of there parts. I don't know if he was selling them online. I had the same autopilot on my old boat.

I wouldn't try to tie it in to any electronics. I would just be thrilled if it keeps you in a straight line.