91 pro hunter

mrcanam450x

You do not need flashing lights for that width and you do not need 1,000,000. worth of insurance ,what ever you carry on your tow vehicle is good enough. The permit is sent or emailed to your house. Yes you have to give them a time frame or you can but a yearly one. Yes they want measurements of axles and load capacity of tires which are listed on the tires. Yes on a 20.00 over width banner along with the route your going to take. In NY you have Monday-Saturday daylight hours to travel on the Thruway half a day on Sunday Knew a guy that got stopped in Ohio without a banner and they took the width measurement at the stern not midship. In most likely hood you will not get stopped if your displaying the overwidth banner.He got fined about 150.00 If you know anyone in the construction etc. industry they may have a yearly account and let you use it. Is it a pain ,pretty much. It really depends on how much your going to be moving it and how far, you need one for each state. If you like the boat I wouldn't let that stop you from buying it. Or you can pay a local hauler to do it, there listed on Craigslist and have all the paper work needed.

I just filled it out last week it asked for 750,000 / 250,000 insurance coverage. The dude at region 3 asked me if I had a yellow light for the top of the vehicle ?

Not trying to get in a pissing contest here, just stating what I went through 6 months ago dragging a boat from the ocean to WNY and going through 3 states. There was nothing in writing about insurance requirements or lights for loads under 11ft wide. Honestly with the boat in question the most I would do is throw a sign on the stern and move it,maybe have a buddy follow me as a buffer. That boat does not look overly big on a trailer and is probably 8'9" wide at the stern, still over, but not enough to have a cop do a double take.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Call the special permits office in the syracuse state office building and ask for jeremy. He will tell you exactly what you need. And yes you need lights, insurance and so forth. The most important thing you need is a pre planned travel route with every turn and route number spelled out. Done this dozens of times. 40.00, 80.00 or 360.00 depending on duration of permit.

Sent from my SM-T520 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...