Keuka laketrout

Has anybody been fishing for lakers in Keuka this winter/spring with any luck? Yesterday was the third trip for me since Xmas and was the first time I found a school of any size. Fished it for an hour , no takers. We were the only boat out of H'sport until 11am.

Last year we couldn't get em to go on anything but small perch colored spoons, and that's what they were coughing up. We caught a few bumping bottom in 130' but the bait clouds were almost non existent.

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Not sure about lakers but a handful of boats including us at the north end out of Penn Yan all catching perch in good numbers. Saw a boat with trout gear going out as we were coming in. Not sure how they did.

must have been me and buddy his boat is a islander we went 4 for 4 lake trout mark lots of fish but tuff bite

We fished it last weekend and only had a few hits and two (lost) fish by 11 am in the deep water jigging. We moved into 22 fow to fish perch and wouldn't you know it started slamming lakers on the Lake Fork plastics. Picked up a quick limit before the school moved out. I don't know if that was a pattern, because we had to leave shortly thereafter.

I fished  Keuka a couple of weeks ago and had an experience similar to Gator's.

We were looking for perch  in 20-30 FOW around the points on the Branchport end and started catching trout on our  sliders and hair jigs.

We caught 9 lakers, one brown and a pickerel.  Lots of fun on our light perch rods and 6 lb. test.

I am going up tomorrow to see if the fish are still on that pattern.