Anyone fishing Henderson area yet?

Xxx

Is anyone fishing the Henderson area yet for Browns? Or even the Black River area, Chaumont Bay Area. With the northeast under a below the average temps for the next 10 days, what's your thoughts on the Browns. Also what's the temps in your area. Will be ready to rock for the first time since I purchased this GEM. LOL. Thanks PAP

Went out of Stoney yesterday hooked a left. the water was 35 degrees in about 10ft of water and the bottom was around 37 degrees. Some good looking stained water but after about and hour or so I developed a gas leak in the engine and had to go in. Hoping a week of good weather brings the temp up just a bit

Pap

I would love to fish out of Henderson. Its not very far from me ( I am at Fort Drum) but the water is cold on this end of the lake. I usually drive down the highway and launch out of Mexico point or Oswego.. The fishing just seems to be better down there. It maybe that I just don't know the area up here very well. I also fish out of the black river at Dexter. I was there a few days last week and guys were catching pike but they are out of season now. A buddy of mine was there also and he said the pike were aggressive hitting crank baits close to the dock. Any advice about the area would be much appreciated!

Thanks to those that responded sounds like a few weeks yet unless a major warm front sets up, which isn't looking good as of right now, those close by keep us posted on the temps and conditions. 250 miles to tow up to Henderson for not so good fishing isn't good either. Our camp doesn't open till the last Saturday in April, so I have to leave my boat at a friends house till then. Which I don't really like that either as they both work and to strip the boat of the contents isn't fun either. I certainly wouldn't want to come back to just a boat if you catch my drift. So it's a wish in one hand and shyt in the other situation. What's a man to do???? LOL

I was on facebook and all of the NE end is clear of ice but lots of debris still. I saw someone was out there this past week in a kayak and was flat as glass with no ice. Water temps were still quite cold. I am giving it another week and I will be up there putting in docks.

Thanks Chas0128, yea and if you guys are getting this wind and there're calling for snow this week I just saw on the news 😡 👎

I was on facebook and all of the NE end is clear of ice but lots of debris still. I saw someone was out there this past week in a kayak and was flat as glass with no ice. Water temps were still quite cold. I am giving it another week and I will be up there putting in docks.

They are calling for night time lows at 23*_19*-17* with highs only up to freezing to 35 up till middle of next week!! UUUUGGGG here we go again. I got somethings I need to get done which I can do in my father in laws garage it fits 3 tri axels and he only has 1 left, his own he's retired but keeps himself busy just doing private work, I need to have motor running to make the adjustments. This sucks!!!

Your probably right Shawn, watch some of his videos on line. With the houses in the background it must have been inside the harbor.

Edited by pap

OOOHHHYAAA, that's what I'm talking about. They are just a so cool looking fish. To my eyes they are one of the most magnificent works of our higher ups!!!!

This is going to be my first year trolling for Browns. Going up in 2 weeks. I was looking for tips on trolling areas. I've heard the mansions and assume that was trolling northeast out of the harbor along the shore. Is that correct? Anybody troll association area? Of course all advice is greatly appreciated.

I heard of the mountain, but that area is for after the waters warm up to much, that's a rigger area. I hope we're thinking on the same page. PAP.

Edited by pap

I tried finding to mountain last year but was unsuccessful.. I had an old fish finder that would randomly go into demo mode and it was my first year fishing Lake Ontario. I watch a lot Bill Saiff videos because he seems to be the only one who talks about the area.. He has 6 charter boats ( I think it's 6) out of Henderson Harbor. YouTube Bill Saiff Outdoors (BSO) there are a ton of videos.. He talks about all the species of fish, where to find them, even what colors to use in your spread.

This time of yr. if there not along the west shore inside the harbor try the high rocks heading towards Stoney point light house, if it's too rough on that side shoot across to the island. 6-12 FOW 2.2 mph stinger spoons , Chartuse alewife, golden perch , fat Nancy's wiggle , black wiggle will keep you catching !!!!

I general start down by Mexico early and work my way east to Stony and Henderson as the water warms. Have caught Browns along much of the shore and even out around Stony Island and Black River Bay. Look for water a few degrees warmer with some color and you will likely find Browns. Sticks and stingers off boards in 7-15 fow off boards work well for me.