Been watching weather for weeks and today was finally a good day to take my 14ft boat out on the big lake with my father Launched a Hughes shortly after 7 trolled east for awhile and were instantly picking away at fish between 10-20fow turned around and trolled all the way to ginna with a steady pick of cookie cutters happening the whole way

Then the fish started getting a little nicer with a couple around 6 or 7lbs. Hit a big brown fought it for a minute then dropped it and saw it on the surface. Had to be 12lbs at the least. Worked around ginna with no luck then wind picked up a bit so we decided to motor back. Half way between bear and pultneyville found an outstanding color and temp break so we stopped and tried to fish it going into the wind. Ended up losing another nice brown and a real nice salmon. Wind was to much to handle so we motored back to Hughes made 2 more passes and caught a few more fish.

Ended the day 16 for 21. Most bites came on orange rapalas from size 7-11 both in scatter rap style and original floater but many other lures took fish. All and all great day on the water

It makes for a great fish story! I never saw the big fish I lost. It stayed down. Pulled some serious drag! And hit as I was putting the line in the planer board release. I'm thinking a big brown...but could have been a king. What did your king hit a spoon or stick?

Edited by BAZOOKAJOE

He hit a chartuese size 9 rapapla as my dad was sliding the a release down the board line. He had disengaged the clicker even though I told him not to trying to make it easier. The fish hit popped the release and put a bunch of backlash in the reel. He quickly put the clicker back on and the fish took a bunch of drag then went arial behind the boat. But it was to late the fish caught up with that backlash and was gone. Big brown we missed came on a size 11 blue and silver x rap. Only had one spoon bite all day

Yeah probably fairly slow and shifting out sideways but he def slammed it. Kicking myself for not turning around and working that water some more but having a 14fter miles from the launch as the lake was picking up a bit its better to be safe than sorry

for sure on the safety part, lot of fish in the lake

Been watching weather for weeks and today was finally a good day to take my 14ft boat out on the big lake with my father Launched a Hughes shortly after 7 trolled east for awhile and were instantly picking away at fish between 10-20fow turned around and trolled all the way to ginna with a steady pick of cookie cutters happening the whole way

Then the fish started getting a little nicer with a couple around 6 or 7lbs. Hit a big brown fought it for a minute then dropped it and saw it on the surface. Had to be 12lbs at the least. Worked around ginna with no luck then wind picked up a bit so we decided to motor back. Half way between bear and pultneyville found an outstanding color and temp break so we stopped and tried to fish it going into the wind. Ended up losing another nice brown and a real nice salmon. Wind was to much to handle so we motored back to Hughes made 2 more passes and caught a few more fish.

Ended the day 16 for 21. Most bites came on orange rapalas from size 7-11 both in scatter rap style and original floater but many other lures took fish. All and all great day on the water

Nice going,..Nice to hear there is  more variety in fish ...all those coke can browns are fun....but it looks like you keep catching the same one you just let go.! :lol:

It makes for a great fish story! I never saw the big fish I lost. It stayed down. Pulled some serious drag! And hit as I was putting the line in the planer board release. I'm thinking a big brown...but could have been a king. What did your king hit a spoon or stick?