Treble Hook Replacement

Do you mean what are the stock hooks, or what would you recommend as an upgrade?

The stock hooks are VMC 9650.  Size 1 for NK 28, Size 2/0 for NK Mag.

Upgrades is a matter of religion.  I'll stay away from that.

JAM

These in my view are the best.....I've never had one break in all the years I've used them and they are sharp as heck. I bought mine by the hundreds and I don't where you can get them in those numbers anymore. I used 1/0 for small spoons, 2/0 for mediums and 3/0 for magnum/super magnum spoons (depending spoon shape etc. some I use the smaller than 3/0 sizes on for weight considerations)

http://www.jannsnetcraft.com/salmon-hooks/810614.aspx

I take that back you can get the 100 packs here: http://www.barlowstackle.com/Mustad-9510XXXS-SSbrSiwash-Salmon-Hooks-P3301C72.aspx

P.S. some of the different manufacturers/brands are somewhat different shaped and differ in thickness and metal composition and may appear larger or smaller or actually be a little different than the 1/0,2/0/3/0 sizing indicates. The 9510XXX's have a longer point than some so  they penetrate very well and this may become increasingly important as the salmon season rolls along and their mouths harden up and the stainless composition has no give. Just something to think about.

Edited by Sk8man

Sk8man- I was always curious if a single hook would effect spoon action- I would assume not by your response. I run mag honeybees on occasion and hookups on the single hook lead to very little loses and makes C and R more successful in my opinion- Thanks

Battlehammer - in most cases it makes little difference but I test out my spoons at the side of the boat too. If there is any doubt I use a smaller size hook. I seldom lose fish on these singles and when I do it is usually my own fault :) Honeybees can be sensitive because they are a pretty lightweight spoon as are Suttons etc. but basically all my spoons have these hooks on them. (I also "tune" my spoons by bending some of them to get the action I want.)

Edited by Sk8man