It's official, < two months til NLTD weekend

Let the countdown begin!!! Remember guys staying at Sampson, docks go on sale this Friday morning.. Also, rumor has it the concession stand now will be a bar/beer hot spot.

Sent from my XT1080 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Let the countdown begin!!! Remember guys staying at Sampson, docks go on sale this Friday morning.. Also, rumor has it the concession stand now will be a bar/beer hot spot.

Can't wait!! It will be my first time staying at Sampson for the derby and looking forward to hanging out with everyone in the evening. .

I keep hearing it's going to be run out of Watkins this year any truth to that?

I heard it mentioned as a possibility in the next year or so but I don't belive it is this year yet...

Mike

Edited by Iron Duke

Darkwater. You talking about the derby itself? I heard that too.

What I've heard is that they have been struggling to organize the event and many that have been on the board have passed away and finding other volunteers has been tough and even finding a place that would let them use there facilities for there monthly meeting has been tough too.. I believe right now they are using a local church to hold there meetings... I have heard thru the grapevine that Watkins Chamber of Commerce has shown some interest in taking over the event if things get to tough for them in Geneva. .

Mike

Edited by Iron Duke

I would hate to see it leave Geneva but if it's do or die, get it somewhere that can keep it and grow it. The way big fish Friday is growing in size , I won't be surprised if that becomes the derby. Just a shame area businesses can't keep it going. But oh well. I for one can't wait.

Idk what well do with BFF. The BFF was just started BC of LoU and our obsession with fishing..

. If Watkins took it over, it would still survive and what not. I know I'll do what I can to help. Also, I know what it's like trying to get help for an event. The seneca shootout was tough but I managed. Someday that will be back.

Idk what well do with BFF. The BFF was just started BC of LoU and our obsession with fishing..

. If Watkins took it over, it would still survive and what not. I know I'll do what I can to help. Also, I know what it's like trying to get help for an event. The seneca shootout was tough but I managed. Someday that will be back.

I can honestly say I look forward to BFF as much as the derby itself every year.... Nick you've done a great job with that little side bet

.. I honestly enjoy just being around everyone who shares the same fishing passion as I do for one whole weekend a year even if I don't bring home a prize or trophy.. It would be ashame if this tournament ever ended and I too would definitely be willing to help out any way I could.. Seneca Lake may not be one of the Great Lakes but it's a Great Lake to me....

Mike

Edited by Iron Duke

Seasonal slips you can rent starting in January I believe. Returning parties get dibs at their prior years dock. I got a decent dock this year. She said there were 27 boats signed up already for the season. Join us! More the merrier

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know if the Ramada docks will be open for the Lake Trout Derby? I know they are currently closed off right now for the shoreline project, but just hoping that the 8 slips at the Chamber are not the only ones at the north end for the Derby.  Thanks