Lake Ontario - Fishing April 2016

Hey guys,

I'm planing a fishing trip the second week-end of April on big Lake Ontario. Did anyone go this year? Are steelheads starting to pick-up? Which area should we try? I was thinking launching at Port Whitby and make a run to see where we see activity on the fish-finder, thoughts?

I am well setup with downriggers but wanted to know your opinion on depth, speed, area... etc.. If anyone has already gone this year and if they have any pictures smile.png

Let me know,

Mike

I don't know that side of the lake but jordan to the Niagara bar should have some good fishing. In tight early morning for browns and then moving out as the day warms to find lakers and maybe the odd king. I never fish rainbows really so not to sure where they hide this time of year but I have caught them off flat lines early in the spring. Find some warm coloured water if you can and I am sure you will find the fish no matter the port. Good luck

Edited by tlr426

• 2 weeks later...

Leaving Thursday morning and heading fishing until Sunday - Stating my trip at the Whitby Marina for day 1 and maybe moving forward to Toronto, Hamilton on day 2-3 if the fishing isn't good there.

Has anyone gone out in the Whitby or Toronto area yet?