Controversial Topics for Great Lakes Trout and Salmon

cdq

Hey everyone,

So I am taking a public speaking class at FLCC and our last speech is a persuasive speech. I want to talk about something related to Trout and Salmon in the Great Lakes. I thought snagging would've been a good topic to talk about but I cant find any information online or at least information that would be beneficial and I could submit. Is there any other topics that you guys know of that I can find a lot of information on?

Thanks,

cdq 

I've got the popcorn!

Haha yeah I know Scott, I was hesitant in putting this up because it might start an argument but I am stuck on what to talk about, and I need some help.

There is a description of the practice in the DEC handbook of regulations.  Snagging vs snatching vs legal catching methods.  A real good topic with lots of background info would be should we stock non-native fish species.  Lots of pros and cons to fulfill your probable 30 page requirement.  I do not miss school.

gill t hit a good one atlantic salmon stocking and restoration vs pacific stocking.  lots of info lots of opinions even some science out there and is argued from both sides frequently.  another good one might be tributary bag limits vs lake bag limits.  

The two I did 25 plus years ago were parental involvement in the school system and plastics in the landfill.  Both easy and both rellevant - also boring.

If I were going to do a snagging research project, I would look into those areas out west where it is still legal and piggy back off the movements that are already in effect currently.

migratory bird act is outdated and needs to be redone.  I am sure you can get signatures to support a position if you need one.

I have a strong dislike for commorants and coyotes.  I am sure I am not a lone.

I say skip the project and chase around college girls, while making marginal to reckless life choices. Just my opinion.

You could do a project that correllates the lack of productivity with the relative temperature and weather conditions and how it relates to the skin coverage on a 20 something female body...  Research in this area would be exciting to say the least...

You could do a project that correllates the lack of productivity with the relative temperature and weather conditions and how it relates to the skin coverage on a 20 something female body...  Research in this area would be exciting to say the least...

i'd like to volunteer to help collect some data 

How about lake wind farms vs recreational T & S fishing on Lake Ontario? (electric-magnetic fields, underwater cables, obstructions to navigation, no fishing zones - no boating zones.......)