Berkley Big Game vs. Ande Pink?

You again? i respooled some of my older reels that had ande for the last 3 years with the big game ,1st big fish we had on in the niag. pro am broke off .so the price of the big game may come back to haunt you ,this was a clean break not at a knot.Did I overlook a frey ? possably. Id stick with "p-line" or ande pink. if i go this weekend ill bring my small rods with 12 and 15lb test "p-line" flouro.But I always use 17lb or bigger for spindocters.

I've been running 30# Big Game for years and have had no unexplained break-offs whatsoever. I've been very happy with it. With that being said, I also use P-Line for my leaders and 50# Ande clear for my fly harnesses.

Another big game user here. Been a Berkley line user for years and been completely happy with it. No reason the change.

Guys seem to want to use the pink Ande for some reason, I see no comprehensible reason why the pink colored Ande would work better than anything else. Probably becasue initially that's what someone said they used and so other people tried it. I think it's the diameter of the 30 lb line that is the key, not the brand or color.

Tim

No problem with my 25# trilene green. Fleas not a problem, break-offs not a problem, and in the green water.....invisible. Don't need extra snaps, fluorocarbon leaders etc. , just dunk it and go.

Tried the Ande a few years back and had bad line twists. Ended up stripping the reels and goin back to big game. We run 30# BG clear on flasher flies and for dipsy+copper leaders and run 12# BG clear on all the other rods.

I've spooled half my salmon reels (Diawa 47 lc's) with 30# Big Game & the other half with 30# Pink Ande for the past two seasons to determine the better line.... Results...IMHO there's no differance . both performed well on BIG Kings.. No line failure due to quaility..both have premiem knot strength, etc. Can't go wrong with either...captd

30 lb mono might be adequate for spiny water fleas but fish hook fleas collect on it like a hobo on a hotdog.

Fish hooks gather on your rigger cables too(seen them up to golf ball sized globs).

Only solution we've found is 30 lb Flea Flicker(we put up with the line twist-cut & retie often) .

Fish hook fleas on regular 30 lb mono..............

bf92a4f4.jpg

Started out running the 40# Ande pink when we bgan fishing the Bif O as the guys who taught me to fish the Big O all were using the 40# pink Ande.

Then the flea flicker came along and jumped on that band wagon. Had a few breakoffs on "good" salmon with the FF so went back to the 40# Ande - clear this time and have stuck with that since and it has run flawlessly.

Also run 20# Seaguar floro leaders behind the 40# Ande.

We do run 20# big game with an 8# floro leader on our brown rods and it has performed flawlessly.

Clarke

Been using big game since it was introduced. I call it big game twine -- it is the way to go. Little memory, lots of stretch very durable. I have one 30# rig that I have not changed the line in 3 years, more salmon have been landed on that line then many a fisherman has caught in a lifetime.

CC

I run the 30# big game and have had no problems with break offs what so ever. Fleas are so - so on them. Never used the Ande because I have never had a problem with the big game. I have lost some fish (as we ALL do) but break offs are very very very rare for me, unless Ray K tied the knot :x :shock: .

Ray K, like a good carpenter never blames his tools, a good fisherman never blames his line....ESPECIALLY if it was a bad knot tying job with that twirly little end to it when you reel it back in :shock: :roll: ;(:$:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: