2000 Penn Yan 275 Sea Stalker - $29900

Patriot

My 2860 Bayliner will do 28 with a single 350. (260 HP) so it might not be as bad as you would think.

28 mph at WOT or cruise speed? Hard to believe it would be 28mph at 3000 to 3200 rpms with a boat that size and a single engine unless those Bayliners are much lighter than other boats of similar size. My 29ft does around 26-27mph on a relatively calm day with twin 260's at 3200 rpm's and it weighs around 10500lbs.

Yes wot. Wot rpm is 3900-4000. Boat weighs 8000 lbs (dry no clue rigged and full of gas) . Even my new baha with 350s Cruses at 35 at 3300 rpm with Top speed is 42mph wot rpm is around 4200. (12500 lbs) she moves for a big boat!! One difference with the Bayliner is that it is I/o. With dual counter rotating props which utilize 100% of your propulsion, compared to an inboard which looses 30% or more because of shaft angle! I'd be glad to take you for a ride in it to show anyone! I know a lot of boats with twins that run the same speed or slower. And seen it first hand fishing the proams. Bayliner would hold its own and even be beating boats with its little single carbed 350!

Yes wot. Wot rpm is 3900-4000. Boat weighs 8000 lbs (dry no clue rigged and full of gas) . Even my new baha with 350s Cruses at 35 at 3300 rpm with Top speed is 42mph wot rpm is around 4200. (12500 lbs) she moves for a big boat!! One difference with the Bayliner is that it is I/o. With dual counter rotating props which utilize 100% of your propulsion, compared to an inboard which looses 30% or more because of shaft angle! I'd be glad to take you for a ride in it to show anyone! I know a lot of boats with twins that run the same speed or slower. And seen it first hand fishing the proams. Bayliner would hold its own and even be beating boats with its little single carbed 350!

That's pretty good cruising speed for twin 260's. Are your engines I/O's? I have twin inboards and I'm losing a little speed on the top end because I have oversized rudders which is great for slow speed tracking and obviously trolling too. You gotta always trade something off though. Lol. What model and year is your boat?

Did the Stalker ever come with twins? It's only a 10' beam

You know I have seen several around throughout the years and the ones I saw had either a single I/O or single inboard so I'm not sure if they made them with twins. Maybe some of the Penn Yan experts can chime in.

My old trophy used to top out at 32 with no fuel and two guys. Lol. Cruised nice at 23-24 loaded up shed hit 28 all day. That dual prop outdrive Volvo had for those boats were bulletproof.

Sent from my XT1080 using Lake Ontario United mobile app