Good Start

Dad and I got out one day a few weeks ago casting from the little boat and we each got one and missed a couple.

Got the Lund out of storage and did some trolling today. Went 6 for 7 before the sun quit. All fish in less than 6 fow. A couple 40"ers, couple high 30"ers and couple low 30"ers. Caught fish on 3 new baits. 4" Baker, 22 short, and crime boss. A nice start to the season.

Took a pic of this 38 for my buddy Paul, since we got it on one of his new crime bosses.

post-150846-14596337106098_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys. It's great to get out again. Im looking forward to some more good prespawn fishing. I'm always anxious to get back on the water, and its the best time for heavy fish. Its nice to have states like OH with good muskie fishing opportunities this time of year.

Edited by Ivan

I may consider it one of these years. Usually I'm on ice here in the Adirondacks until mid April, but no even close this season. I actually made it out in the boat on Otisco before the season closed March 15th!

I did some work out by Pymatuning last spring. It's only a 6 hour haul for me, not bad.

Looking forward to seeing more pictures to keep my mind busy while I wait!

Very cool, keep up the good work! Just got a pic of a nice 48" ohio fish on the 4s three days ago, have some buddies shore fishing down there that are doing as good as the trollers. I happen to deal with some amazing fisherman in ohio, the gentleman who got that 48" had over 85 fish last year on the 4s and his buddy had over 110 fish on the 4s including his pb. Expecting many more pics from ya Adam!

Edited by zach

Yeah...i have to make up for some lost time with the 4s Zach. I didnt have any last year. Now that I have a few, I got a fish on one Saturday after running it for a whole 5 minutes.

I knew Pat and his buddy did well on them last year. I think those two bought all of them as soon as the doors opened at the 2015 Muskie Max. I also had heard they got those fish last year, but don't believe I saw the pics. Nice OH fish.

I only tried two of them so far. They both ran the same...very nice. If i wanted to calm the walk down a bit for faster speeds, can I accomplish that by pulling the tow eye wire down closer to the lip?

• 3 months later...

Ivan, the 4s have been a nightmare for me, they were good until I lost my original lip template n made a new one, issue was my line tie was 1/4" too far forward. Had to remake sooooo many baits that each time someone says 4" I cringe but when they r good, they r good.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app