Just some 8-9' sharks this time around :)

Lafleur

So I got back to Florida again to get another weekend in of shark fishing this past weekend. We had heard that the water temps had got into the 70s meaning the bigger sharks were starting to move. After getting skunked the first two nights we set out again the third. Right at sunset, I had a good run but set the hook too soon. An hour after that another bait got picked up and the fight was on. Thirty minutes later I had my biggest shark to date on the beach, a lemon over 8'. The next night I put my buddy on his first shark. We also lost something huge to a broken line. The video of the catches is here:

Now it's on to walleye season back here in Canada on the Detroit River!

• 4 weeks later...

That's awsome stuff! Where abouts were you fishing? I'm heading to Florida this Saturday and will be fishing the Gulf side. Hoping for a Tarpon!!

These sharks were caught on Sanibel island. Where in Florida are you going? Lots of tarpon in southwest Florida right now.

Unfortunately I will be just north of Tampa in Crystal River. I was hoping with the high temps they are having that the Tarpon would migrate a little faster. Talked with the Capt I'm fishing with and he has only seen a few roll the other day and that it so far. Not getting my hopes up but man I hope it happens! May fly back down in a few weeks solo to knock the Tarpon off my bucket list.

Edited by JakeyBaby

Unfortunately I will be just north of Tampa in Crystal River. I was hoping with the high temps they are having that the Tarpon would migrate a little faster. Talked with the Capt I'm fishing with and he has only seen a few roll the other day and that it so far. Not getting my hopes up but man I hope it happens! May fly back down in a few weeks solo to knock the Tarpon off my bucket list.

I still have not caught one either I really hope it happens when I'm back in Florida in May