$100 worth of spoons ....

I bet stingers will be a common choice! Does anyone run evil eyes/ red eyes anymore? I went through a old box of my dads trolling spoons last night and there were tons of them and n/ k's . Old school or still useful ?

Still useful Bub, are best Brown Trout Spoon in Spring is a little Alpeena Diamond. And those are from back in the day. Usually find em at yard sales. Are best from 5 yrs ago was a NK Purple Thunder, ya never know.

Mine would some NK Mother of Pearl and Pirate 55's in smooth chrome. I would also have a few Red eyes in there as well. Stingers are good and a few Moonshines also but old school never let me down

If you could only carry $100 worth of spoons from spring - august what would they be ?

The answer depends on what port you'll be fishing out of. Each port seems to have a "local flavor" of spoons and flashers that consistently produce well. And rarely are they the same for all ports.

Very interesting info! Thank you for the responses it seems like anything else , you have your favorites and see what works from year to year. I'm trying to update our equipment since getting back into the big O game after being off of it for years . I'd like to add to our lure collection every year and this greatly helps !! Thanks again

Confidence in a lure will get it in the water over everything else. Every boat out there has its favorites and there will always be a pattern of local favorites. Lure choices change on time of year, targeted fish, and where in the water column its being fished. With that being said, if there was one pattern that is solid for the entire year, it would be the NBK.