Three ways to catch more walleye

Hey guys I will be doing a webinar on April 14 at 8pm.  It is a 30 min +/- seminar on 3 ways to catch more walleye this spring.  I will cover trolling with planar boards, must have lures, and using your phone to catch more walleye this year.  

The seminar is free and you can watch from the comfort of your home using your computer, phone, tablet, or smart tv.  I have done a couple of these and they are really cool.  Simply click on the link to register and you will be emailed a link to join on the night of the seminar.  Looking forward to seeing a few names I recognize the night of the seminar.

Scott

You are invited to a Zoom webinar. 

When: Apr 14, 2016 8:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada) 

Please register by clicking the link below: 

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.

The webinar is recorded and will be posted to youtube. I can provide a link within a week or two of the webinar. If I forget to come back and provide the link just send me a PM or email at [email protected] to remind me.

Scott

Sweet, now I won't need to sit there with my pad of paper and pencil taking notes. Edited by Chas0218

Good seminar, with the scatter raps are your go to colors just natural or do you like the fire tiger brighter baits? Not arguing with your success but I have tried them in Cape Vincent area and never had any luck on them I was thinking maybe I'm not fishing the right colors. I was running the silver w/black back and silver w/blue back.

Every body of water is slightly different so it is possibly they don't work well there but I would be surprised.  If body baits in general work then you should have success with the scatter rap minnow.  They really have become one of my favourite body baits. I would guess you are probably running them under or over the fish if you aren't getting bit on them, but again, every body of water is different and there is no be all end all lure.  The colours you use are good colours, I also like to use purples and greens. 

Scott 

Every body of water is slightly different so it is possibly they don't work well there but I would be surprised. If body baits in general work then you should have success with the scatter rap minnow. They really have become one of my favourite body baits. I would guess you are probably running them under or over the fish if you aren't getting bit on them, but again, every body of water is different and there is no be all end all lure. The colours you use are good colours, I also like to use purples and greens.

Scott

Great thanks! I'll give them another shot maybe run them on a little shorter lead.

BOQC:

I have tried trolling & casting scatter raps without much luck on Oneida Lake near Syracuse NY, & I have moved back to Rapala originals, & Jr Thundersticks, as they catch fish for me.

What speed range do you run the scatter raps at, how much set back do you use on a down rigger & board line?

Thanks

John

Edited by Iceman

I usually start around 1.7mph. In the spring our fish are often high. I troll leads of 75-150' back, but in the fall when the fish are deeper I troll them every way possible. Lead ore (5 and 10 colour), dipsy, and rigger. They have caught fish for me everywhere. If original floaters and HJ's catch fish I'm surprised the scatter rap minnow isn't working. But hey fishing is fishing and the one sure thing is nothing is sure. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk