Quick strike flutter spoons ?

Has anyone seen these spoons?

Or maybe have any for sale ?

Very lite flutter spoon similar to suttons.

20's to 30's with red eyes and ladder back tape is what I am looking for.

Thank you. Any info is appreciated!!post-152786-14597905554231_thumb.jpg

Edited by BigWilly

Good spoons. They were made by a guy who lived near Elmira. I can't remember his name but he frequented the tackle shops around Seneca lake including my friend's Fisherman's Friend shop near Waterloo. I usd to run in to him there fairly often. He machined  his own stuff and put the dimples and swirls in the material and polished it etc. The basic shapes and some sizes were modeled after the Sutton's but the finishing wasn't actual silver nor did it look like it. He had spoons in the #11 (smallest), 31, 22, 44, 71,and 88 and finishes in plain silver, plain brass, swirl (both in silver/pearl swirl and brass swirl), hammered silver, and hammered brass. At one point I had dozens of them but over the years many have disappeared and I doctored up a bunch with tape etc. I caught some huge lakers with the (large) 88's on Seth Greens on Owasco and Seneca. The #11 shaped a little like the Sutton#6 is still my favorite rainbow and landlock spoon. The guy was in his 60's or so back in the 70's so he is long gone by now and I don't know if anyone ever bought his dies etc. The red eyes are a current add on by the way as is the ladder tape None of them ever came with any tape or artificial eyes. They came standard with trebles which I felt were very weak so they were always replaced with SS singles

Edited by Sk8man

Ed unless someone bought the dies after the guy died they were all originally  made at his home based shop at the south end of Seneca and they were $1.75 each in the mid to late 70's ....kind of a bargain at today's prices :lol:  but then again I remember buying Sutton's for $2.25 each...sometimes it pays to be a dinosaur.....for awhile anyway :lol:

Edited by Sk8man

Sk8. Thanks. Yes your rit on they are a finger lakes thing I actually got mine from a shop on the finger lakes all doctored up with eyes and tape. At that time the store said buy what you can cause he wasn't making any more, Jeshh that's been 15 plus years.

I had some good days and bad days with them but that's fishing. Lol.

I figure someone has some laying around some where. Maybe ??

Ed unless someone bought the dies after the guy died they were all originally  made at his home based shop at the south end of Seneca and they were $1.75 each in the mid to late 70's ....kind of a bargain at today's prices :lol:  but then again I remember buying Sutton's for $2.25 each...sometimes it pays to be a dinosaur.....for awhile anyway :lol:

My better 1/2 brother went out in that area for a family deal on his wife side. He would buy them and bring them back. One year he got a hat off them....we would have a fishing deal and who ever won had the hat for the season.....that was in the late 90s early 2000s.

The ones pictured appear to be left to right: #22, #71, #31, and #44 I believe but could be a 22 hard to tell for sure rom the angle. :lol: bandrus

Ed - The old guy could have sold them up that way  because I know he also frequented some other tackle shops out of the area. I talked with him probably 25 or 30 times over the years when I'd run into him.

Edited by Sk8man

I can try and fill in what SK8man has to say. His name was Bill Quin.He had a cottage on the south end of Seneca Lake.Probably if I dug through my Father's tackle boxes I could find some in there.

Fishy I was hoping someone maybe had a couple to part with, I mean don't go out of your way but much appreciated.

I like others have had some luck on them and I guess I am getting older now as guys speak of these lures as somewhat antiques.

Lol. Thanks.

Fish 307 in the Lake George area has a similar spoon called the Plazma spoon, very much like the suttons. Look up their web site and I'm sure you can find latter back tape to doctor them up as well, good luck!!!

Fish 307 in the Lake George area has a similar spoon called the Plazma spoon, very much like the suttons. Look up their web site and I'm sure you can find latter back tape to doctor them up as well, good luck!!!

Thank you!!! I am familiar with them spoons at Jeff's store fish 307 in LG.

We have a camp up there and I go in all the time. They are similar but it's just not the same even if you add the tape. Thanks.