Sold / Closed WTB- 5Fft or telescopic boom for older Cannon Mag 10

I have a fixed 4ft boom on each of my Cannon Mag 10A riggers but I would like to get a longer boom for my starboard rigger. I've seen a 5ft boom on some older Uni-Troll riggers but not on the older Mag 10A's. I'm just looking for one longer boom. Thanks!

4ft was a guesstimate, they measure 3ft.

Edited by Todd in NY

That was my main concern. I added a 3rd rigger to the right of my main motor and I'd like to get my outside rigger a little farther from the middle rigger. It looks like the extendable booms are 53" long, which wouldn't add any real distance over my 4ft boom, but I'll have to take some measurements to confirm that.

I just measured my booms and it turns out they measure just 3ft, measuring just the exposed portion of the boom from the rigger housing to where the pulley assembly meets the boom. I never measured them before, so I "thought" they were 4ft.

Anyway, they measure about 1 5/16" in diameter. If you measure it with a dial caliper it will measure about 1.312".

I have an extendable boom....your not that far away if ya wanna try it let me know

Do you know the diameter of your boom? You are about 45 minutes from me so I would be interested in seeing if your boom would fit. Does it have the pulley assembly? Thanks!

Edited by Todd in NY

I have a fixed 4ft boom on each of my Cannon Mag 10A riggers but I would like to get a longer boom for my starboard rigger. I've seen a 5ft boom on some older Uni-Troll riggers but not on the older Mag 10A's. I'm just looking for one longer boom. Thanks!

4ft was a guesstimate, they measure 3ft.

Todd,

You can make any size you need with a top rail from Home Depot. Purchase the vinyl coated section cut it to length desired. Remove coating from end that will be attached to rigger body. Make sure that you seal the end section first with a good paint. At that time you can add your terminal pulley with cable.

I made one last season to reach over my outboard with gilbracket. My total length is just over 5'8". It's super strong, I run a 14lbs torpedo weight with chamberlain release.

I'll try to attach pictures tomorrow of finished product.

Steve

KJ Louise

Todd,

You can make any size you need with a top rail from Home Depot. Purchase the vinyl coated section cut it to length desired. Remove coating from end that will be attached to rigger body. Make sure that you seal the end section first with a good paint. At that time you can add your terminal pulley with cable.

I made one last season to reach over my outboard with gilbracket. My total length is just over 5'8". It's super strong, I run a 14lbs torpedo weight with chamberlain release.

I'll try to attach pictures tomorrow of finished product.

Steve

KJ Louise

Thanks for the idea Steve!

The true material of the cannon booms is sch.5 stainless pipe... The OD is a perfect fit to the body...The only downside is the ID is a little off from cannons inserts on the pulley end.... But 5 minutes on a sander and problem fixed..I just bought a 5' stick last week for $25 each...the cannon tube is Proprietary to them never been able to match the ID...sand the plastic of the pulley insert...not the stainless....

Edited by fishintrippz

The true material of the cannon booms is sch.5 stainless pipe... The OD is a perfect fit to the body...The only downside is the ID is a little off from cannons inserts on the pulley end.... But 5 minutes on a sander and problem fixed..I just bought a 5' stick last week for $25 each...the cannon tube is Proprietary to them never been able to match the ID...sand the plastic of the pulley insert...not the stainless....

I was wondering what the inside diameter of a fence top rail would be in comparison to the pulley insert. I'll stick with a used Cannon boom for now, but I like having other options. Thanks for the feedback!