Made a trip to the Oak this morning to get our fishing fix. The weekend weather outlook is not good, so today was our best shot. We had to launch at the East launch next to the Black North Inn. The West side state launch was still padlocked, heaven forbid the state misses out on a dime. When we launched the wind was out of the South. We took a left outta the chute & set up in 10 ft of water. Ran all sticks off planer boards. The wind soon switched  around to the West making it kind of tough to keep constant speed & direction with the gusts. We stayed west of the river & ended up 12 for 15 with a few good ones. The water temp was cold, never finding water above 38 degrees. The hot baits were Bay Rat "My Secret" & Thunderstick Jr in Gizzard shad pattern.The sun came out for maybe 30 minutes & the Bay Rat "BT Candy"  fired three times in a row. Ended up keeping 6 that inhaled the stick & were not going to make it. I really enjoyed getting back on the water but it still is COLD out there.

post-140799-0-31033300-1460068781_thumb.jpg

post-140799-0-01949800-1460068791_thumb.jpg

post-140799-0-14287100-1460068803_thumb.jpg

Edited by dmd113

West side has been free for years now...

The ticket vending machine as you drive in to the state launch on west side would dispute your comment. Edited by dmd113

Made a trip to the Oak this morning to get our fishing fix. The weekend weather outlook is not good, so today was our best shot. We had to launch at the East launch next to the Black North Inn. The West side state launch was still padlocked, heaven forbid the state misses out on a dime. When we launched the wind was out of the South. We took a left outta the chute & set up in 10 ft of water. Ran all sticks off planer boards. The wind soon switched around to the West making it kind of tough to keep constant speed & direction with the gusts. We stayed west of the river & ended up 12 for 15 with a few good ones. The water temp was cold, never finding water above 38 degrees. The hot baits were Bay Rat "My Secret" & Thunderstick Jr in Gizzard shad pattern.The sun came out for maybe 30 minutes & the Bay Rat "BT Candy" fired three times in a row. Ended up keeping 6 that inhaled the stick & were not going to make it. I really enjoyed getting back on the water but it still is COLD out there.

nicely done! Love the rats, great work out there.😀

So what kind of temps should I be looking for for the browns, the salmon and also the lakers when they are in close? I do well but its all guesses for me.. try 5 to 10, then 15 to 25, etc. Also, where can I buy rats, live on east side of Roc if you can't tell fom my username lol. TY all....