I'm new to the stacking game I'm wondering best way for salmon what on top what on bottom and how far off ball for bottom and how far off the stack release for the top and do you use FF on bottom and spoon on top or reverse thanks for any help

I agree FF on bottom, something much lighter on top like a spoon, or you will end up with a tangled mess.

I usually stack about 20 ft above the lower line, which is close to the cannonball.

But what I've been rather doing more of lately is using sliders. This way I can have an extra line in the water without using an extra rod! Would rather use that rod for something else. You can try fixed sliders or free sliders - both work.

Outside rod deep inside rod shallow I was told this when I starred stacking and it seems to work. I don't often stack but when I do this seems to eliminate tangles. Not sure if it makes a difference or if it's just an old school idea.

• 1 month later...

You want to create a pattern with one lure stretched back a little farther. I usually split mine by 15-20ft vertically and horizontally. And run the shorter lead on the bottom. How far back depends on the depth and time of day. And if their is a FF its on the bottom to draw the fish into the spread.

i always like to have the deeper set with the longer lead that way if a fish hits and goes straight up its still clear of the shallow rod.  deep rod is always on the outside pointed straight out the side and the shallor rod is inside pointed to the center of the boat.  I have gotten minimal tangles this way and have gotten more with free sliders.  but if there are fish up high I prefer the free slider as its easier to reset a rigger with only one rod and easier to fight a fish with one less rod to worry about or clear.  i've only tried fixed cheaters a couple times and have not found the set up I like for them yet.  

• 4 weeks later...

I only have 2 riggers so I always stack I run the deep rod on inside and high rod on the outside because I always try to fight the fish to the center of the boat... I run deep rod with the shortest lead (depth pending) and the high rod out longer... make sure your rods are angling away from each other so when the line releases it gets it pulls away fronm the other line spoons I useally stack 15ft. Apart and if I run a ff I'll go 20-25 ft apart if running a ff I will only stack a spoon if you stack a ff above a ff you will have a tangled mess !

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 4 weeks later...