Kicker motor

One of the things that may come into play is the distance between your big motor in an extreme turning situation. It is tough to judge exactly from a pic but it looks pretty close to me in that situation....remember too that the shorter the connector rod extends the less turning radius you have. You should be able to tell by trying it out before installing the EZ steer and how it impacts your big motor. It looks as though you have the room for a bracket on there if it doesn't work that way and a bracket should bring the motor more to the left (in the pic) and maybe up a bit. If a bracket is used you'll also need to consider whether it will place the shaft/prop higher in the water as you want it down at/near the bottom edge of the boat but also be able to get it out of the water when you are under power with the big one.

P.S. I had to move one of the tow eyes on mine to put the base for the bracket

post-145411-0-58023300-1460230641_thumb.jpg

post-145411-0-12913800-1460230735_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sk8man

I just had a kicker rigged with a Panther steering bar that connected my main engine to the kicker at the front of both engines. If both engines are on the same area of the transom the front to front seems to work very well. If I can remember how to attach photos I will send you some.

I just had a kicker rigged with a Panther steering bar that connected my main engine to the kicker at the front of both engines. If both engines are on the same area of the transom the front to front seems to work very well. If I can remember how to attach photos I will send you some.

Mine is the same way , works good

Got mine set up the same way as well. Difference is my transom is flat all the way and my kicker is a long  shaft. Connected by the simple front mount rod with tie rod type ends. Ball ends are on the motors, the rod has spring loaded cups for easy removal. Think west marine sells them now, maybe attwood as well.

I DO take it off when I'm running on the big motor with the kicker tilted. Easy to do as it sits in front.

Has worked perfectly.

Some good advice. I had the connector rod on the front of the two motors and my last boat and it worked beautifully. The EZ Steer on this one was used for awhile until I realized that I could steer both motors with just my big motor because of the close match up with my extra long shaft kicker (25 inch shaft like the big motor). If the EZ Steer is conected to the back of the motor and for some reason you have to disconnect it while on the water it is quite a job reaching way out there.....just something to consider especially in rougth water on Lake O :lol: