Chautauqua casting jerkbaits and or hard swimbaits for Musky’s

Hi,

Never talked with fellow musky fisherman while fishing Chautauqua before. Only fish it a couple weekends a year and seemed to do alright with the triple-D jerkbait at 9" in perch color and the Savage Swim and jerk at 7 1/2 " swimbait also in a perch color.

I'm convinced it's perch color helps since the lakes has countless yellow perch. Have any of you had also luck with these baits and the perch color? I usually water that's between 6' to 15' deep.

Like to hear your experiences if similar for those who cast.

Cheers and tight lines

I have fished there 2/3 times a year since 1995. Always casting,from 1 to 20 fow. I have no go to bait for there. I have caught fish there on dozens of lures but nothing i throw works consistantly. Once when my boat broke down the mechanic at Chaty

Chatauqua marine told me black suicks in front of the marina was the hot setup. I don't like suicks but ten to fifteen fow in front of that marina is a good spot. Whatever bait you like enough to keep wet and keep working is what works there. post-142867-14602523964998_thumb.jpgthis 50 is the biggest i've seen there. My son caught it on a three inch gold redeye on my 60th birthday. Took him ten minutes of fishing. Kid doesn't even own a pole! Who knows with these critters?

Chatauqua marine told me black suicks in front of the marina was the hot setup. I don't like suicks but ten to fifteen fow in front of that marina is a good spot. Whatever bait you like enough to keep wet and keep working is what works there. attachicon.gifImageUploadedByLake Ontario United1460252392.810983.jpgthis 50 is the biggest i've seen there. My son caught it on a three inch gold redeye on my 60th birthday. Took him ten minutes of fishing. Kid doesn't even own a pole! Who knows with these critters?

Nice Fish, what a monster. The biggest we've seen is about 47"

• 3 weeks later...

I like DDDs, nice action to them though I have not gotten bit on them yet (don't use them as much as my other go-tos) but my buddy gets bit on them a lot. He's a fan of the electric shiner pattern I like that and the lemon head

I like DDDs, nice action to them though I have not gotten bit on them yet (don't use them as much as my other go-tos) but my buddy gets bit on them a lot. He's a fan of the electric shiner pattern I like that and the lemon head

Is this on Chautauqua? Your big fish looks like it came from Small Boat Harbor by the backdrop. Thank you

That background is looks like NY Harbor to me. That is lady Liberty in the Pic.

Or did you just change it after NPike's comment?

Mike, Wasn't  it was supposed to be a secret about muskies in there?

Edited by muskiedreams