Boat/Motor stolen

I got this email from a friend.  If you know or heard anything, please post & I'll let him know:

Thanks

"A friend of mine's boat was stolen from his driveway in Rochester a few days ago.  It is a 17.5-foot G3, green and gold, with 2 Yamahas, 150 HP and 8 HP.

Please keep your eyes open - if you detect anything suspicious I can put you in touch with the owner."

Make sure he files a police report and keeps an eye on craigslist for surrounding areas. They wont actively look for it, but if you file the report it will make recovery easier once you find it yourself.

I put a security camera in my driveway for this reason, $200-300 you can get an internet connected night vision system that has red led's on the camera and sends you a snapshot of motion detection.No monthly fees. Very cheap insurance.

My car got broken into twice in a month, put up the cameras and nothing sense. Nobody would bother with your boat if you have cameras and the guy next door doesn't. 

List the motors as stolen with Yamaha. List the boat as stolen with boat manufacturer.... In case they try to parts out and sell motors separately. File a report with your town police then using your counties police report, expand your police reports to surrounding counties. Good luck

That sucks! I hope you get everything back in tact, and real soon. Maybe post pictures on CL and all over the place. Once the DMV lists the boat as stolen, no one will be able to register that hull ID number.

Sometimes it is someone who knows you, or someone you know. They know what you have and what your schedule is.

Edited by Todd in NY

I got this email from a friend.  If you know or heard anything, please post & I'll let him know:

Thanks

"A friend of mine's boat was stolen from his driveway in Rochester a few days ago.  It is a 17.5-foot G3, green and gold, with 2 Yamahas, 150 HP and 8 HP.

Please keep your eyes open - if you detect anything suspicious I can put you in touch with the owner."

That sucks. Is it anyone I know?

2lbperch...Thanks for the search tips.  I forwarded the info to him.

I don't know who the guy is but he's a good friend of my friend (who lives in Brockport).

How about that woman in the Bflo Philharmonic that got her contrabassoon stolen?  What the he77 do you do with that?  

https://bpo.org/bpo-musician-seeks-return-of-stolen-contrabassoon-stephen-watson-buffalo-news/

Edited by Smeltz