Slide Diver for Wire Rods

Been thinking of splicing in a section of mono at the end of my wire rods and running a slide diver instead of a dipsy. Reason being I often fish solo during the week and it would allow me to running longer leaders in front of my FF set-ups. My wire FF seem to never fire but when fishing solo I really cant run more than 3 feet between dipsy and flasher.

Just curious on your thoughts...

Thanks

regular ......... guy on here had a post with details....... he and now I use a solid split ring to join the wire and mono , just bend it a tad oval shape and it winds down on the reel good.  Also match up a dipsys numbers on the dial to the slide diver.....compare the two

Edited by ERABBIT

I used 2 setups like this for several years. I modified my slide divers by removing the bottoms and replaced them with Mag dipsy bottoms (heavier weight) that way they would have the same dive curve as a Mag dipsy. I used them with the plastic tube instead of splicing in mono. They worked great but it's a lot of stuff to maintain and I eventually went away from these rigs. I still use super braid slide divers on 3 when I want to run a 2cnd set of high divers or just to target shy fish.

On my wire slide divers, I put a short section of 50lb braid to the wire first. Then double uniknot braid to mono. Makes it easy to change out mono as it tends to wear more from the SD. I use 30lb for the mono. Then I add leader to FF or spoon. I use SD as high diver and a dipsey as my low diver in a two diver set. If fleas are bad, sometimes see some where wire and braid are tied but no problem coming through guides.

I'm the guy ERABBIT  is talking about. PM me your email address and I will send you a copy of the post I put together a few years back.  I also fish alone most trips, and only run Slide Divers with my wire.

Jim