3 1/4. and 2 3/8 inch spoons

Xxx

They claim there's no such thing as a stupid question, so here's my question? I'm wondering when you more experienced spoon pullers decide to run a spoon is there ever a notion to run a smooth spoon or a hammered spoon. Why do they make hammered and smooth spoons? Just say you were going to place a order from a outfit that offered the same colors in hammered and smooth, what would you purchase and why? Thanks, all or any answers are appreciated!!! PAP

Here's a theory, when the lake is flat calm and clear a plain spoon will reflect a mirror like light at the fish " almost too bright" With the hammered it breaks up the light as it would with a choppy surface. There have been many days out that were flat calm that produce very little whereas a little chop the bite seems much better. I think it's light transmission into the water and how it hits the spoon..

But I've been wrong before:lol:

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

My hunch is that a true silver finish such as the Sutton reflects better in the water than say nickel or chrome  but the little individual facets on the hammered spoons reflect light more directionally with light hitting and bouncing off so that there may be more of a chance of the "glittering" in the sunlight being seen. Actually "who knows? :lol:

Pap sk8 is absolutely right. A hexs and hammerd spoons will reflect more light in different directions and more flash compared to a smooth spoon look at it like a mirror. A flat mirror vs abunch of little mirrors in all different angles. What works better I can't tell you that in a spoon! But for harnesses blades hammerd and hexs are the way to go!

Well thanks a lot guys, there seems to be a reverse role with fishing, even when I used to trout fish the streams around home it was bright colors/bright days and dark colors/dark days, so on calm seas hammered spoons and choppy days go with smooth lures. Your 100% power dive most all my harnesses are a hammered cup. I'm a little old school, when we fished Erie I alway took a charter if it was a new area, and most of the time they used copper hammered Colorado blade, and we caught fish I'm telling ya!!! Those guys/gals new where they were and how to catch them. Thanks guys appreciate the info!!! ðŸ‘