Fish Hawk TD

I have a smaller setup and know that temperature and speed are important in getting to the fish and lure action. I know that the Fish Hawk TD is only half of the equation but on a limited budget would it be worth the $150.00 price tag? I use a (2) dipsy setup and want to get to where the fish are.

I can't answer the whether it is worth the $150 or not but where I find one useful is in determining where my lines actually run depth- wise and in the desired temperature range. It is most useful when and after the thermocline forms usually around mid to late June or so I use it with coppers and leadcore primarily but it works with a dipsey setup as well.  I also use it in summer to find a starting point for the thermocline for my Seth Green rigs on the Finger Lakes as it can give you a temperature profile at 5 ft intervals down to 100 ft which is what I am mainly interested in then. I attach mine to a downrigger when totally still in the water and I have a recording sheet for 100 ft at 5 ft intervals and I run it down and then back up and record the data at th 5 ft.intervals and look for the area where the temp changes the most radically and that will be the thermocline so I set my lines so I am fishing within and slightly above it (also taking into consideration specific species preferred temps which may or may not be as accurate or valid as some folks may think) as I am not interested in lakers much of the time I fish. This method only gives a starting point which is better than nothing but the thermocline varies in the water column in terms of depth and in various parts of the lakes to so it isn't foolproof and it isn't momentary like say a Fishawk X series but is better than nothing for someone on a tight budget.