Oak Orchard Pen Rearing Fish Delivery!

What a awesome day! Anyone that has never taken part in this annual detail to preserve and improve are sacred Lake Ontario you are really missing out. I have always wanted to go and see what the pen rearing project was all about and finally today i made it a point. Besides maybe the fishing Gods will smile upon the Haywire lol. Anyways i had alot of fun and met some really cool people that love this crazy sport as much as i do. There is alot of grattitude owed to all the people accross the whole lake that have particapated in this now ritual. I personally need to thank Capt Bob Songin for spearheading this effort in 1998 and Capt Mike Lavender and Capt Bob Stevens and there are many others i met to but im horrible with names. Learnd much and had fun and looking forward to going to go and feed them little monsters with my Wife and Kids. I was rewarded with a huge sense of pride and accomplishment once the pens were in place and the job was done. Hittin the Lake Saturday for our shakedown and my 4 yr olds first ever trip for "the big fish" NO MORE BULLHEADS FOR TOMMY! Good luck to everyone and next time you reel in that next Derby winner, take a moment and thank all the people that volunteerd there time to help that fish out when it was a little guy.

post-144255-0-12159000-1460514516_thumb.jpg

post-144255-0-51196500-1460514547_thumb.jpg

post-144255-0-76019500-1460514596_thumb.jpg

post-144255-0-06540000-1460514631_thumb.jpg

post-144255-0-35300500-1460514655_thumb.jpg

Yes yes! Very cool Karl! Once again, as Karl mentioned a huge thank you to all the participants and time donated to the best class of great lakes fishing yet to come, right here in Lake Ontario! Thank you, thank you!

Here's a revisit 7 years prior! Proof of the desire of dedicated repeat volunteers and contributors, to keep the Salmon and trout sportfishing heritage alive and well, here in our backyard! It works, they work, it all works! Now let us all play! Season is coming on! Good luck, and keep a special place in your success, to remember the whole reason it is there!

http://www.lakeontariounited.com/fishing-hunting/index.php?/topic/9605-Oak-Orchard-Pen-Rearing

Sent from my SM-N900P using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Great job Oak guys! The final chapter of all this is to make sure they do not get eaten by the cormorants when they are released. Whether its direct stock or the vital pen fish the cormorants get too many. Region 8 reps

are interested in knowing where any nests are along the Oak. They are willing to conduct control measures but they must know where the nests are.

Thanks to DEC's Connie Adams for getting this rolling.

Good job on the pics Koot. Good to put faces to names and come face to face with some of the Oak's great captains. Amazing that nobody went swimming. Regarding he commorants, I'm looking forward to the day we can bang them while trolling. Dual purpose trip? 2's or BB's? I promise to use steel shot.

• 4 weeks later...

Took Mama up to feed the little guys today as its are last scheduled day to feed. Only a few days left and the sign up sheet to feed is almost blank and the book is full of only a handfull of names. Could use some help feeding in these final days. Thank you all Oak Orchard Anglers

post-144255-14626775927405_thumb.jpg