Fishing shoes

Still on the hunt for the "next" pair of fishing shoes....

I had a pair of Columbia PFG shoes about 5 years ago that were great, comfortable shoes.   And of course they don't make that

model any more.

I have since tries crocs, the boat fishing shoes from Cabelas and a pair of the KVD fishing shoes.   All are comfortable to some extent,

but after a few days in a row my feet hurt.   Also tried the gel heel inserts.

Just wondering if any one has a suggestion?

John

A lot of guys wear crocs but I wouldn't be caught dead wearing them cheap things. And forget work boots, they pickup stones that will scratch your deck.  I'd suggest a good pair of New Balance sneakers. imo

Sketches sneakers with memory foam and gel bottoms I promise you will not find a more comfortable sneaker. It's all I've worn for the last 2 years no matter what I'm doing. Sketcher outlet store in Greece on ridge rd corner of long pond and ridge rd

I like my crocs and bare feet. You guys mean you don't go bare foot on your boats? In the spring when it's colder I wear my knee high rubber hunting boots feet stay warm and dry. Once the water temps get up into the 60s bare feet it is.

I like my crocs and bare feet. You guys mean you don't go bare foot on your boats? In the spring when it's colder I wear my knee high rubber hunting boots feet stay warm and dry. Once the water temps get up into the 60s bare feet it is.

If I wore them, I could imagine getting stuck with a big ole treble. ouch ;(

I wear merrell slip on jungle mocs till most of the season. I like the slip ons so i can easily remove layers as the day warms. Great for people that need arch support. I wear orthotics in them now that I have plantar faciitis. Never bare feet

Sent from my LGLS996 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

They will cost you some $$, but look at Chaco sandals and shoes. They started making a water shoe as well. Everyone I know that wears them, swears by them. My self included. They wear like iron and have the best arch and heel cup support out there. If you really shop around, you can find them on sale.

I wear merrell slip on jungle mocs till most of the season. I like the slip ons so i can easily remove layers as the day warms. Great for people that need arch support. I wear orthotics in them now that I have plantar faciitis. Never bare feet

Sent from my LGLS996 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I can 2nd how good merrells are on your feet. Though I haven't tried the slip ons, I wear merrells everyday as a high school teacher walking around on concrete floors all day. I wore my merrell hiking shoes to school on a Friday a few years back and went out and bought some more decent looking ones for everyday wear. Got a pair on right now.

I'm gonna check out the slip ons. For the boat

Edited by greenboatluke

I can't leave hooks laying around with my 1.5 year old or my dogs on the boat. I'm anal about that crap the last thing I need is someone getting a hook in the foot. You guys make it sound like you leave hooks just flying around the deck or whipping in the wind.

I like my water shoes.  They're made by body glove I believe.  If you like the feel of barefoot but want some protection this is the closest I've found to that.  They're basically a low cut wetsuit boot.