Short trip - went out for three hours this morning from 7 a.m. to 10 a.m. marked some baits in 180 - 200 FOW in 20N line. Two riggers 60' and 70' down. Landed small king 9 lbs on spin doctor mt dew and crinkle green atomik fly. Two knock offs and nobody home. Saw several boats out there and wondering how others did earlier during the day.

It was tough out there. Started out inside looking for the brown bite. Marked some fish but couldn't get 'em to go. Picked up and ran out to 170 trolling north to 330. Dad learned a valuable lesson. Sign up for the derby!! He caught a 17+ lb laker. :x Other than that a couple of rainbows and lost a coho on the core. 3 for 4 for the day.

CD Whip - funny thing about not signing up the LOC derby.

Last Sunday, the guys in the boat docked next to mine had a decent sized steelhead. At first, he told me it was a king and he pulled out the fish from the box. I was puzzled because I wasn't sure if I heard him right as I was looking at a steelhead. I explained to him that kings has a dark black mouth and this is different compared to the steelhead. I asked if he was in the derby and it turned out that he did not sign up the derby. I thougth the fish was a little over 10-11 lbs and it could be on the leaderboard. This guy was already filleting the fish and I told him that he should enjoy his $100 plus dinner!

He took the steelie on glow frog in 190 FOW off rigger 30 feet down.

Pike,

It won't happen again.... got home that afternoon and signed him up.

Where are you docked in the Bay? I'm at Mayer's.

Spend most of my time in my little 18' Sylvan but it

does the job most days. Other times we're out in

Dad's 24' Wellcraft Coastal.

CDS Whip,

My wellcraft V-21 cuddy is docked at Sutters. I dont carry radio on my boat due to my hearing loss. My friends kept telling me to get a radio on my boat so they would help out by listening to others for fishing reports. :lol:

Good luck with finding the derby fish this weekend. Tight lines.