Just moved to DeWitt....

EsoxAC3

Wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction. Looking to do a little crappie fishing on oneida lake. Mostly from shore. Any help would be greatly appreciated. New to fishing this area. Thanks much!!! Tight lines.

If you have a facebook account go to the Oneida lake diehard page, maybe someone on there can point you in the right direction. They seem to be getting them more steady down there then we are up here around the cape and clayton thinking it is do to the water must be warmer. Looks like they get some on Oneida river, some of the pic. they  like they are in peoples back yards so you would have to get permission. They also may come in around some of the marinas I would try it by aero marina seems like when I bought a boat there they told me the crappie come in there in the spring.

Thank you very much!! Just moved down here from clayton. The fishing has been so spotty on the river this spring.... Glad to hear its been a little more productive down this way. Will check out FB and try Aero. Thank you for the info. Will be chasing eyes soon enough but until then crappie are fun. Tight lines.

• 2 weeks later...

Fished Green Lakes today with my son. Took several rainbows on 4# line, size 12 hook, bobber, and worm. Nice size fish. 11-13" We walked around the entire lake. There appears to be a decent population of LMB in the lake also. Saw a dozen or so suspended bass near the shoreline. Neat little lake.