Good morning at Sandy Creek

My fishing buddy (blk lab) and I launch out of sandy this morning at 6:00. There was nice chop, and a nice mud line and some color in the water. Surface temp was 43-44 degrees. We worked 8-12' of water and went 5 for 5 on cookie cutter Browns. 4 of the 5 came on the same lure! Jr post-158152-14608559379017_thumb.jpgpost-158152-14608559655073_thumb.jpgthunderstick in "green fire" I had it on an inline planer. We left around 8:30, when boat traffic picked up and it was getting crowded. We will t

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Amazing what a difference a day makes.   Went out today...no mud line out to 60 FOW.    Clear as crystal.   Didn't even twitch a rod.   

Ah well, glad someone had luck this weekend!

1. I'm NO expert. This is only my second season with a boat so it's all kinda new to me too! I only post things on here because I glean a lot of information from the guys here, so I like to at least give back a little, and say if anything is biting, and on what.

However:

We have had good luck with a body bait (rapala, bomber, thunderstick ect.) letting out 100' then clipping on the planer boards, then letting out 50-70' more to get it out of the wake.

We use them all year with the lead core, and if you want to troll in close with the spoons then let out 1 color (after 50' or mono leader) and then clip on the board.

Hope this helps you! Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United