Need Help! Starcraft Islander floor

bigturk_80

Fellow Islander owners.......I have an 89 22fter that I'm currently replacing floors and foam on.  My question is, does anyone have ANY pictures or tips around the cabin wall area?  It looks to me like the entire cabin wall (supporting dash) has to come out??

Any help greatly appreciated.  Trying not to lose my entire season here. 

Foam is a tricky thing. When I did my Islander there were areas that were water logged and other areas that were bone dry. I suggest that after you take off the floor boards you check if it is necessary to do the foam. As for the cabin. I just took the separating wall apart  and removed the side seats. When you pour the new foam,you should lay a layer of bubble wrap in the bottom. That way the foam does not stick to the bottom and there will be drainage under the foam. Also glue a plastic sheet to the floor boards,so the foam will be protected from water on the top. If you do not do this,the foam may be water logged again in just a few years.

Good luck with your floor job mine started as some soft spots by the dog house and ended up with a new transom. What a pita that was to change, me and a friend have about 20 hours each into it but we did end up only having to change the 2 floor pieces next to the dog house. 1 more thing if your transom is bad fix it before you ruin the drive coupler they are $500

Edited by fishmaster13184