Went out late this morning for the first trip of the year. Was planning on brown fishing but I forgot the graph ( IDIOT!!) went out to what I figured was around 60 ' and pounded the lake trout. At high noon the 57' rigger took off screaming with our first king of the year on a dream weaver thriller. -Hope it's a sign of a good year to come.Lamprey marks aplenty on the lakers.post-154525-1460919918707_thumb.jpg

They are there. We hooked one off Hopkins in 8' FOW Saturday that was the most awesome downrigger hit-scream-jump-scream sequence I have ever seen. Like hooking a Tarpon. Can't wait for next week

Thanks- it was a surprise when it took off screaming- just 2 of us and we were each fighting a laker when it went off. Killian- that casting sounds like some fun with light line. What were you casting?

I was throwing size 7 rippin raps in the pearl color pattern and 5 inch rubber smelt patterned plastics with a 1 ounce jig head. I probably missed 2 fish for every one I got to the net. It was a nice change up from trolling.