New to Walleye

FishingTheFL

With Walleye season opening again soon and it being a fish I never caught. I'd like to try fishing for it this year. I'm pretty much going to be fishing from a canoe until late June when I finish fiber glassing my floor and transom in.

Main Questions -

Do you have to fish them at night?

Can they be found on the eastern part of the canal before Cross Lake?

What's the best way to locate them if jigging rather then trolling?

Thanks for any info and helping a newb out.

-Mike

Sent from my XT1528 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I'll have to give it a try when the season opens. I bought a bunch of them last year before I joined LOU for trout,found out that they were useless for trout lol.

Is there walleye between cross lake and Montezuma? Most likely to fish between there and cross lake? Never really heard anyone fishing the river for eyes but saw they stock them on Dec page.

I rather target them then just wait. I get tired of bull head fishing. Soon the bugs will be back out as temps rise and when the mosquitoes get so thick you have to wear a face net so the bugs don't carry you away... I stay home lol. Couple days I'll give it a try. I might go try targeting white perch and blue gills today since its raining

If you fish in Cross Lake, the limit is 3 fish, 18"+. The boundary is Plainville Rd. to the East, River/Jordan Rd. to the West. Put those Jigs on, bring a few for snags. Be careful of the floating logs coming at you also.