Buckets for slow trolling

I drilled 3/4" holes about 1" apart in the bottom then a row about 3" from the bottom about 3" apart. It gets me 1-1.3 mph slower . Hope this helps. It's very easy to pull in too. Tie ropes as handles the metal handles won't last

Edited by Jjwbny

maybe 25 bucks. I've had it for over 20yrs collecting cob webs and it is bent a little. Very repairable, but usable now as long as you don't forget to put it up before you gun it.. Do you launch out of The Oak ? If so I can meet you there sometime soon. 

Edited by Steve.e

Route 98. to the east of you almost 2x's as far as 78  and north to the launch. 98 ends at oak orchard creek. Looks like almost at least an hour drive. Google Old North Inn . It's a pub right next to the launch. Give you an idea. 

If I may be so brave to recommend just getting a couple Amish outfitter trolling bags ...slow ya right down and helps keep torque up .and they will help you handle rough seas a little better

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

If I may be so brave to recommend just getting a couple Amish outfitter trolling bags ...slow ya right down and helps keep torque up .and they will help you handle rough seas a little better

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

X2. They are great.

Send it back and they should replace it or give you your money back. I had one like that years ago with the shear pins and after the second time replacing it I went back to the metal style. Now I run a kicker and carry bags just incase.

On my 23 footer and 150 outboard I run 2 18" diameter bags when I need to get slow with the big motor. Those amish bags are the cat's meow from what the people say about them. I just run some cheap bags I picked up at a sportsman a few years back.