Twins go perch fishing.

Sunday I took my twin 4 yr olds (Kyleigh and Daniel) out for their first perch trip.  They have been trolling a lot but this was the first time after perch.  We went to Cayuga. Holy boat traffic.  We didn't find much size to the fish at all, but they HAD A RIOT!  I took my dad with us as well.  They caught all their fish on their own, I was the minnow man and designated hook remover. It was great.  Daniel caught 2 pickerel as well, he was thrilled.  Kyleigh also caught a sunfish and a bullhead. They both individually caught more than my dad on their own rods :lol:  :ninja:.  Kyleigh even caught a couple on plastic jigs.  We had a great time.  Working on fishing buddies for life that's for sure! :yes:  :yes:  

Good going Dennis they'll remember that outing for life :yes: . I still remember catching my first pickerel with my dad at about age 6 at the north end of Cayuga on a red and white Daredevle while we rented a cottage there ...even after all these years it is still a fond memory.

Edited by Sk8man

Sounds like they had a great time!  I'm looking forward to when my twins (aged 2) are old enough to go out with me.  My older daughter (aged 5) just started getting interesting in fishing in our neighborhood pond last year.  I want to take her out on the boat this summer.

I still remember going out with my father and his friend when I was young.  We'd water the lawn the day before and head out at night to catch nightcrawlers for the next day's trip.  Lots of fun!

I can remember being 4 years old and perch fishing with my dad on Keuka lake when a pickerel hit my my bait on a little Zebco rod and reel.  "I got a big perch dad!"  That fish hooked me for life!

Awesome report!  Keep it up!

That's awesome Dennis! I too remember my first pickerel, I was around 10, fishing with my grandfather (who got me into fishing) and sadly it got wrapped up in some weeds and broke off. Still remember how exciting it was. Great trip you had!