Kicker shaft length mounted on swim platform

Hawkeye50

Not familiar with the distance from the swim platform to the bottom on the rage but...

I am in the process of putting a Honda 9.9 on a pursuit 2470 which has a Euro transom that requires a swim platform bracket. On this boat it is roughly 25 inches from the platform to the bottom of the boat. I priced the 20" and the 25", and they were maybe a $300-350 difference. I was advised to swallow it and go with the 25".

On a side note, I looked at adventure marine and tentatively decided to go with a panther swim platform bracket as it comes with a safety cable. Curious if you have opinions or research input on the two brackets?

Do yourself a favor if your purchasing one anyway and go with the long shaft .. Long shaft will be so much better in rough water and prop will stay down in the water much better and if you ever go to a different boat in the future you may need the long shaft and if you ever decide to sell almost everyone on here is looking for a long shaft..Just my 2 cents from owning and running kickers thru the years...

Mike

Sent from my SM-N910V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by Iron Duke

Just as an addition to what Mike is saying I believe the "long shaft" is the 20 inch while the extra long shaft is the 25 inch (like the ones used on sailboats etc.)

Go with the 25. My shaft on the Honda I just installed was 27" change. I think Honda calls it a 28. But I am glad, it worked perfectly, a little more water would of been nice under the motor but, I didn't wanna sacrifice my swim platform as we use our boat for fun filled adventures other than fishing. Here's a shot at our setup.

Sent from my XT1080 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-145590-14611646417767_thumb.jpg