I have been fishing out of sandy Creek, and it has been a little slow so we thought we would broaden our horizons and try "the oak". Weather was awesome! Sunny, chilly, and a Little chop,. Decent color in the water. We fished a variety pack of rapalas, jr thundersticks, and bombers, and a couple spoons for good measure. We worked 10-20 fow. Went west first to lakeside state park, and then back east a ways past the breaker wall. From 6-9am. NOTHING! Not a strike. Too bad cause I had a couple kids with me, and they burned through the pop tarts and juice boxes pretty quick with no distractions lol. Anybody been having success there and whatcha using?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Did decent out of the oak in March, but got skunked on Saturday. Word is it has been good west of johnsons creek.

The northeast wind this morning didn't do you any favors. Northeast always stinks but it seems to be even worse in the spring.

Been out 3x and we did well down at Johnson's and just west each time. Stayed in that 9-12 FOW too. Brighter colors have been the way so far, natural color stuff hasn't taken a fish yet. 100-115 feet back seemed to have been the ticket but that's been in the stained waters too which hasn't been there the last few days either. Laker trout have been hot in the 40-50' range with bells down 30' and more and that will keep the kids happy

Thanks for the replies! I have never been to Johnsons creek. I will try next time I'm out. Do I just motor over there from oak orchard? I need to go after the lakers when it's slow. I've never used the cow bells. I'm pretty new to fishing in more then 10' of water. (Second year with a boat)

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Tom gave you some great advice. If you can see 10' down you in clear water, and fishing will be TOUGH. Slide out and you can always play with Lake Trout. You don;t need to run cow bells this time of year. Those LT are eating heavily. This past weekend we pointed the boat North and put a couple Spin Doctor/A-TOM-MIK flies out on divers, and the LT couldn't resist. The best part of this is if there are any Salmon around you may get lucky! They were also chewin spoons off our riggers. We found them in 30-80' of water. While you're out there playing with the LT don't hesitate to put some bright red and green out on the boards for Coho and Steelhead.