The sunrise cruising through the pier heads in the morning never gets old.

post-149813-14612618666749_thumb.jpg

We headed out to 70 FOW and headed north west. Got our spread in and as soon as we hit 85', wires were on fire pulling glow goby lake troll with spin n glows and white green dot spinnie with spin n glow. We tried spoons on the riggers with fixed and free sliders but couldn't get them to fire so we went with more white green dots and spin n glows. And immediately doubled on a rigger and a wire. The 58' rigger would not stay down for longer than 2 minutes without taking a fish at times. We left spoons and sticks on boards with 2 to 6 oz of drop weights and various leads with no success. No bait and only a few marks today but we finished 40 out of 45 bites. All lakers up to 18 lbs. 6 doubles, 2 triples, and a quad with just my buddy Steelie1975 and I aboard. I have to say, the new boat catches fish and I LOVE the autopilot on my minn kota.

post-149813-14612624674227_thumb.jpgpost-149813-14612624854022_thumb.jpgpost-149813-14612625079047_thumb.jpg

Love it. I have considered just for ****s and giggles dedicating a whole day to lakers just to see how many I could do. Usually only fish em for an hour or two at the end of the day...

The sunrise cruising through the pier heads in the morning never gets old.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByLake Ontario United1461261862.982715.jpg

We headed out to 70 FOW and headed north west. Got our spread in and as soon as we hit 85', wires were on fire pulling glow goby lake troll with spin n glows and white green dot spinnie with spin n glow. We tried spoons on the riggers with fixed and free sliders but couldn't get them to fire so we went with more white green dots and spin n glows. And immediately doubled on a rigger and a wire. The 58' rigger would not stay down for longer than 2 minutes without taking a fish at times. We left spoons and sticks on boards with 2 to 6 oz of drop weights and various leads with no success. No bait and only a few marks today but we finished 40 out of 45 bites. All lakers up to 18 lbs. 6 doubles, 2 triples, and a quad with just my buddy Steelie1975 and I aboard. I have to say, the new boat catches fish and I LOVE the autopilot on my minn kota.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByLake Ontario United1461262463.035160.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByLake Ontario United1461262481.359171.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByLake Ontario United1461262503.437440.jpg

Nice report and good job. Is that your new boat?

I don't usually fish for them. I had one lake troll on board and my flashers. My buddy had some spin n glows. We modified some atomik flies with the spin n glows to run behind the white green dot flashers and made it work. It's all about adapting and figuring out what works. That goes for any kind of fishing. Couldn't get bit on spoons

I had spoons, bay rats and challengers out on boards targeting the same water (45-60 down) and could not get bit. That frustrated me but we were busy enough for two people with the wires and riggers so it was probably a good thing. We were looking for one or two good kings and just didn't happen. Soon enough though

what was your leader length from spinny to spin n glow? and how fast were you trolling? I have never used spin n glows that way. thanks!

We were fishing "off the cuff" so to speak. My buddy had the spin n glow heads and we just slipped them on to some atomik flies and added a few beads. I had one lake troll/ cowbell that ended up taking a third of the fish on a diver. I fish for kings but we weren't having any luck so we adapted. Speed was 1.8-2.2