2016 Lake Ontario challenge cup

We are happy to announce the 2016 Lake Ontario challenge cup series. This year the cup will include the Niagara pro am, Sodus pro am and Oswego pro am. 7 days of competition. There will be a new Lake Ontario challenge cup trophy. Your team name will go on it and you will keep it for a year, like in the past. There will be a new very nice plaque that you will also receive and get to keep. I will post full details here over the next week or so. Tom

Edited by burkyboy

• 4 weeks later...

Payment for the cup will be kept low this year at $100, the hope is to keep costs low to get as many teams as possible to enter and get consumed in the chase. All teams need to have their money in by Friday before teams leave the dock, I have offered to house the money for the committee and will pay it out to the winners at the Sodus event. We still have hope to nail down a substantial sponsor soon.

To say thanks for all the teams entered and for including Sodus in the Cup again, The Sodus committee will throw a special event for all the cup teams that should add some excitement and a chance for extra cash. It is something new and creative that all the teams should enjoy.

Rules will be kept relatively simple: each team will be limited to two boats, The captain will have to be on the boat for all three tournaments or three of its team members. Payouts as of now will go to the top two boats, 

Any questions give us a shout and we will see everyone soon!

Edited by fishman08

Hi Matt,

Can you clarify the two boat mention....

I would like to fish my boat out of Wilson for the Niagara and may possibly fish off two other boats at east end.  My team name will be constant and I will be listed as Captain and fish all events.

Why does it matter whether its one or several boats?  It would be a disadvantage if anything?

What happens if you are at the 2 boat max, have a boat issue and have to use someone else's boat at last minute?

Also, if it does mean "2" boats max., how does that apply if we have more than one? EX. If I pull a smaller one down (my own boat) east for one event, use someone else's for another east ender and use my one in Wilson is that considered "3" boats then even though 2 are owned and have same name?

Please clarify before the deadline.

Thanks

Capt. Pete

www.visionquestsportfishing.com

Edited by dreamsteelie

Pete,

As long as the team remains the same or the boats your using is declared ahead of time your good to go. Also if a team has a mechanical issue I don't foresee the committee saying you can't fish, just need to communicate your issue to us

• 1 month later...

We have a close race heading into the final leg of the cup. At this point the top three teams are neck and neck with Thrillseeker at 658, cold steel/dirty goose at 642 and oh baby at 637. Rumor has it that after the big wind Sunday the fish have moved into the Sodus area and should make for a very entertaining final.

We will update cup points before teams head out on the water Sunday to see where teams stand leading into the final day.

Edited by fishman08

Nice job Thrillseeker crew on your challenge cup win. And to all that participated in the competition. It's always great to see all of you at Sodus Point and makes our tournament much more exciting. Hope to see you all next year.

And to the "young bucks" that have taken over the Sodus Pro Am, "outstanding job". You know who you are, so I will leave it at that. Next year will be bigger and better I'm sure.