Man, what a weird day.

We set up skinny in front of Lake Bluff, and worked our way all the way to East Bay looking for brown trout. Not a sniff until we got to perch point, then we went 2/4 between chimney and east bay. Good color, but a ton of traffic. Bay rats (which are new to me) took all of our hits inside on bright colored stuff (coho crusher, green dot) with one split shot.

By 8:45 I was disgusted and had had enough, so I went out to abuse lakers. We got to 65 feet and immediately doubled on 11-12 lb fish, so i figured we were good... Not so much. We would only pick 3 more the rest of the morning. Good size generally but bad numbers. 65 to 80 appeared to be the best, but we did go out as far as 120, and took one fish in 110.

I don't know what the deal was today. Everything looked good, they just weren't on the chew. Probably that darn east wind...

To top it all off, we fixed one problem with the port engine, only to find another. Off to the marina it goes...

post-143448-14615231348252_thumb.jpg

Heading to Mexico pt this weekend to try for some browns......Last time I went the fishing was tough.  What are you using to take the lake trout in the deeper water......Would love to try that as well but not sure what to rig up for that on Lake Ontario......Coming from the Canadian side.

Thanks

Heading to Mexico pt this weekend to try for some browns......Last time I went the fishing was tough. What are you using to take the lake trout in the deeper water......Would love to try that as well but not sure what to rig up for that on Lake Ontario......Coming from the Canadian side.

Thanks

Cowbells, mag spoons, or dodger fly trolled really slow in 70-120 fow, within 10 feet of the bottom