cayuga4/23

fished from daylight till about 2 from Meyers to the south end on the west side running toplines and downriggers. Caught way to many little 14-16in landlocks and 1 nice landlock about 6pounds rainbow trout pattern thunderstick and smithwick did the best. the bad thing is about half the fish we caught had lampreys on them. All fish lived to fight another day except the eels we released twice as many as we caught

Launched out of Treman at 6 am. Had a hot air balloon launch out of Stewart Park got some neat pics, the guy yelled down for me to send em to his email, so I did, amazing what ya can do with a phone these days. Saw Mike, iron duke at the dock, sorry didn't recognize ya bud, we were all bundled! Thanks for the tip on the Lakers, they were there RWA. Hit 15' to start and got a really nice Brown to the boat but I messed up the net job being solo. Had some really big fish feeding around me and lost one other big fish half way in. The small salmon were everywhere, tried to release em all carefully but two had hooked themselves in the eye.. Took Mikes advice and hit some Lakers out in front of salt plant. Gold Carmel dolphin with iron duke "dressed to kill" fly out fished the UV fly today 3-0. On the way back took a "screamer" hit on a ten color with orange and gold spoon, dropped him too! Way to nice a day not to fish!

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-150622-1461535893075_thumb.jpg

post-150622-14615359106553_thumb.jpg

All we caught were short landlocks. With 1 brown 15". All went back. I think we saw you Nautitroller, we were the islander hardtop.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Yes sir, the guy running solo weaving in and out of boat traffic trying to get those little salmon off , lol! I saw some really big fish swirling at bait up shallow.

You have a nice rig, as the morning went on the boat traffic got heavy. Used to be everyone would run east West and turn but it seemed everyone wanted to run North south or whatever way.

Launched out of Treman at 6 am. Had a hot air balloon launch out of Stewart Park got some neat pics, the guy yelled down for me to send em to his email, so I did, amazing what ya can do with a phone these days. Saw Mike, iron duke at the dock, sorry didn't recognize ya bud, we were all bundled! Thanks for the tip on the Lakers, they were there RWA. Hit 15' to start and got a really nice Brown to the boat but I messed up the net job being solo. Had some really big fish feeding around me and lost one other big fish half way in. The small salmon were everywhere, tried to release em all carefully but two had hooked themselves in the eye.. Took Mikes advice and hit some Lakers out in front of salt plant. Gold Carmel dolphin with iron duke "dressed to kill" fly out fished the UV fly today 3-0. On the way back took a "screamer" hit on a ten color with orange and gold spoon, dropped him too! Way to nice a day not to fish!

We had a stellar day as well running a charter putting our clients on plenty of fish including a few nice browns and a ton of salmon between 14" to 20" long .. Their arms were tired out by 9 am so we moved out for some laker action.. Was a great day on the water and glad to see you too John and yes was definitely a bit chilly first thing in the morning that why I looked like a mummy all wrapped up in my winter coat...Love the pics thanks again

Mike

Sent from my SM-N910V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by Iron Duke

The temp wasn't quite to the optimal 50 degrees (46.5) for spawning alewifes. but in the skinny water was where the fish were, it was a bit warmer there in 10'-15'.

Don't know much about spawning alewives but they where in about a foot of water by the hundreds Sunday morning. Dead give away flipping and rolling when I got close.

I don't remember exact temp but I'm pretty sure 3' was reading 52°. My Sunday trip ended up turning into a nightmare so I didn't get much time to fish. Main boat is almost done... Can't wait to get out this stupid canoe. Weather needs to stay in the 70° to finish fiber glassing floor, transom, and stringers... Good luck guys. Don't catch them all ;)

Sent from my XT1528 using Lake Ontario United mobile app