What do you do for good luck?

What do you do for good luck before you start a day of fishing? I usually toss a coin overboard as soon as the lines are set, I usually get a fish within two minutes. Ive also banned bananas on my boat as they have proven to be bad luck. 

The last couple of years I would like to wear the same tee shirt that I had on when the wife landed her biggest fish. I really don't now why I do this because that tee shirt is really nasty and it's been two years. I think I will suggest that she wears it! I also like to tell her that there is a fish out there with her name on it.

On the way out of the Little Salmon we used to do a few things. At tournaments the captain said a  Hail Mary and on the way out to the lake we all washed our hands with a a drop or two of anisette.

Did it help? It did help to get us into the team spirit.

When going out of I-Bay I always pour a libation of second hand beer as soon as decently possible.

Edited by rolmops

Hey Mike - were you talking to us guys fishing with ya? :lol:

Back in the days of the ESLO Derby I had a ritual of the first guy to catch a fish had to chug a beer no matter what time it was etc. and the last time was when it was me and it was 7:30 AM and there were 3 footers out there and I hadn't eaten anything....didn't get sick but was queasy for hours...last time for that ritual on my boat :lol:

Edited by Sk8man

Back in the days of the ESLO Derby I had a ritual of the first guy to catch a fish had to chug a beer no matter what time it was etc. and the last time was when it was me and it was 7:30 AM and there were 3 footers out there and I hadn't eaten anything....didn't get sick but was queasy for hours...last time for that ritual on my boat :lol:

Good one!! ðŸ‘

Good one!! ðŸ‘

If I don't catch fish within an hour or so, I'll strip down naked and yell at the top of my lungs "COMEON YOU SONSABRITCHES, I'M HERE NOW BITE". No lie, I've done that. :ninja::mooning::rofl::P:lol::hi:

Edited by Patriot

If I don't catch fish within an hour or so, I'll strip down naked and yell at the top of my lungs "COMEON YOU SONSABRITCHES, I'M HERE NOW BITE". No lie, I've done that. :ninja::mooning::rofl::P:lol::hi:

Were there any witnesses to prove this? :P :-P :rofl: :rofl:

If we are like looking for a king bite then "buffalo soldier"( or anything Marley is acceptable too) is on the radio, if we are looking for another Brown then anything from Bon Jovi. It always seems to help.

Sent from my E6782 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

The fish Les only the fish! Lol

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

No bananas, 1st fish I drink a beer but the first sip goes to the fish gods, and to get me out of a lull I have a Salmon coin and a Brown Trout coin that I will give a rub. The coin rub seems to work well as I often get a strike before it makes it back in my pocket. Also, pretzel rods are good luck on the boat...Rold Gold seem to be the luckiest, lol.