Laker caught on new Water Wolf Camera

I decided to break out the new Water Wolf camera last weekend knowing that the Laker action was on and that there would be a few willing participants to video.  Headed out of Wilson at 7am to 70 FOW and was immediately into the action.  Spinny/flies did most of the damage down 40' and Bloody Death spoons did the rest on the bottom.  Headed back in at 11am and finished 25 for 27 with plenty of camera footage to go home and review.  I'll include the link below, but if that doesn't work go directly to Youtube and search Laker 4/16/16.  When I uploaded the video to Youtube I was a pretty disappointed in the reduction of quality, but that was the only way I could figure out how to share the 165 MB file.  When uploaded to Youtube the green is much darker and the overall image is not as clear.  The quality of the original footage is pretty incredible in the depth of water I was fishing.  In 80 FOW (the deepest that day) I could easily see the ripples in the sand on the bottom as well as what the species of fish that were following or hitting.  The attached pic is the one on video. 

Enjoy ! !

Tony

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKNw7UFnl7w

post-155650-0-28449000-1461610651_thumb.jpeg

Oh no doubt.  If a Laker hit looks that viscous can't wait to see what a King does.  Went out yesterday and what a difference a week makes in lure preference (daily or hourly too I know).  There must have been 15-20 Lakers that came up quickly and did a quick U turn inches from the spoon.  They just didn't like that color yesterday.  One wasn't so lucky and ended up getting his anal fin caught in the U turn.  I swore I had my first King of the year as he stripped off ~500 feet of line and we had to turn and chase him.  Completely disappointed when I saw him come to the surface fin caught.  Best Laker I ever fought though LOL.  I'll keep posting more videos throughout the season...

I threw the spoon back 6 feet from the camera.  Next time out it's going on a Spinny with an 8 foot lead to see what the quality of the footage is on a dipsy.

Yeah, in Novar. We have had a cottage on that lake since 1949. My grandparents built and we've had it ever since. We scuba dive there every year feeding the bass clams. Pretty cool how they act like you're one of them when you're down there with them. Wonder if trout and salmon would be the same?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Yea,

When the kids were little we used to spend time in Canada fishing and hanging out-- Windermere on Lake Rosseau, Muskoka Lake, Algonquin Park--love the Shield.

Never did anything on Long Lake but know where it is.

The last few years we've been exploring the Kawarathas, usually from Scotsman Point on Buckhorn Lake or Elmhirst on Rice Lake.

Come summer, I'm about as far south as I wanna be and look forward to heading north.

Chas