Weights

What type of rigger weights i.e. cannon ball, pancake ect, do you like to run and at what weights sizes do you prefer?  10 lb 15 lb 20 lb? Anyone keep more then one size on their boat depending on  how deep you are fishing?

The best out there are torpedo shaped and shark shaped weights in most peoples' opinions.  The weight is determined by your downrigger capabilities for your motor (or will to crank if you have manuals).  I run lighter weights for spring browns because they're only a few feet down and it reduces strain on the cable/motor, but when it comes to salmon season I use the heaviest I have to reduce blowback.

During normal season I run 13 and 15 pound torpedos and sharks. The best two weights out there IMO. Very minimal blowback and never had any Issues. I have tried them all, round cannonball, pancakes, etc.

like Gecko said above during shoreline water brown season I use small 6 and 8 pound weights

• 2 months later...

The 20 pound sharks are nice. Little blow back but they are tougher to muscle around the boat. I use them when fishing deep, just make sure your riggers can handle them if you use scotty riggers go slow on the drop because they pick up speed quickly

Ya I have Scotty riggers so should be fine. I'm okay with hauling around boat as am bigger guy. Just need something to get rid of blow back. Have 15 and 10 pancake weights now and can't go to deep. I was reading don't need flashers with them just run baits on close leads. Anyone do this or run flashers farther away. ( looking at the chrome sharks)

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United