weather info

Hi all, I'm new here and been doing alot of reading, I love this place ! I live in the Pocono's and

it's a bit of a drive to get up there. A few weeks back weather.com said 3-5 mile an hour wind out

of the east, I called a buddy in Binghamton told him to pack I'm on my way !! 5 hrs later we are at the ramp

near 9 mile and looking out at 2-1/2 -3 ft waves ! We had a 14ft Mirrocraft ! not going out there ! We traveled

to the tackle shops bought a lot of stuff, asked a lot of questions, hit the water late afternoon at Oswego

went around the reefs and picked up a couple Browns. Next time I'm bringing my 17ft Smokercraft !

But, it's a lot of time traveling and gas, I'm not as well off as my ex thinks I am, where can I get reliable

weather forecasts ? I want to try this again in a few weeks, but its not worth it for a few hours on the water.

Two small Browns, ....$135. in gas, $85 room, $120. lures at Fat Nancys, dinner and beer $50! Then had to

drive home 5 hours back with about 4 pounds of trout filet, and explain why Brown Trout costs $97. a pound !

HELP !  Where can I get a good forecast online ?....thanks for any help,    Craig

1 888-701-8992 this is a buoy phone number. This actually calls the black box on the buoy. 25 mile mark id # 45012 north of Rochester. That's is going to give u live up to the minute wind,wave height, peek period. Seconds etc. I use it all the time. Gives me an idea of what it's going to be like. Call number, hit 1 then punch in I'd number. Let me know if this helps. Also get online and search, "great Lakes buoy numbers." This will give u a map with all great lakes buoys, including Canadian.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

ITS A FISHAL, thank you, I'll check that out, that's great for what's going on at the time, but liable to

change by the time I get there, but like you said gives you an idea what's going on. Craig

Yes, the lakes can change in a split second. I trust the buoy line. Including up to 2 days out. Been very accurate for me over the past few years. Good luck and happy fishing.

I fish fair haven and use a combination of the weather buoy data from Rochester, the sail flow app which gives wind speed and direction, as well as the Sodus bay lighthouse camera. I hear there's also a new camera in Oswego this year as well.

I fish fair haven and use a combination of the weather buoy data from Rochester, the sail flow app which gives wind speed and direction, as well as the Sodus bay lighthouse camera. I hear there's also a new camera in Oswego this year as well.

X2